New Chevrolet truck hook up?

craig71188

So my trusty Silverado is gone, tired of looking at used stuff (to many idiots, too many stories) so I am considering buying new. I have a "GM Supplier" discount, but I have heard many dealers will do better. Spec'd out what I want, just looking to check with someone in the business to see what programs might be coming up / what kind of price I can expect (will likely be a special order, can't find any that match my preferred spec).. LMK

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked Laura Buick GMC?

No local dealer will deal like Laura, forget about supplier discount. Also, if you're not a Costco member, get one now; Costco has an automotive buying program that gives members up to $700 (Executive membership) in the form of their Cash Card when buying a GM vehicle near the end of the year. I have had the luxury of getting 4-5 of the $700 ones even with pricing better than the buying program provides. Let me know if you need details.

No local dealer will deal like Laura, forget about supplier discount. Also, if you're not a Costco member, get one now; Costco has an automotive buying program that gives members up to $700 (Executive membership) in the form of their Cash Card when buying a GM vehicle near the end of the year. I have had the luxury of getting 4-5 of the $700 ones even with pricing better than the buying program provides. Let me know if you need details.

I had not. Sent them an email asking about how to send the the specs on what I want. Not finding any in stock already built to a close enough to what I want. Will see what what they say.

When I shopped for my old wrangler I started calling dealers and told them I had supplier pricing and was looking for a dealer to beat it. Most brushed me off but one called me back and said no problem, we can do it. Sure enough I talked to them, they were very helpful and I ended up buying it. Just reach out, be honest and see what they say. Some will come back with BS but you’ll pick it up right away but many know if you have supplier pricing you don’t want back and forth BS so they cut to the chase and tell you no or tell you what they can do.

I had not. Sent them an email asking about how to send the the specs on what I want. Not finding any in stock already built to a close enough to what I want. Will see what what they say.

What are the specs? It better to pick one out of their inventory with different minor options. Do you require heavy towing package or something?

What are the specs? It better to pick one out of their inventory with different minor options. Do you require heavy towing package or something?

It's an optioned up Std cab, long bed work truck in 2WD. Unfortunately, the only way to get the long bed now is in the WT. I have run through the Chevy and GMC site with a 2000 mile search and haven't found a combination close enough for me to live with if I'm going to pay to go new.

When I shopped for my old wrangler I started calling dealers and told them I had supplier pricing and was looking for a dealer to beat it. Most brushed me off but one called me back and said no problem, we can do it. Sure enough I talked to them, they were very helpful and I ended up buying it. Just reach out, be honest and see what they say. Some will come back with BS but you’ll pick it up right away but many know if you have supplier pricing you don’t want back and forth BS so they cut to the chase and tell you no or tell you what they can do.

If I could find one "in stock" I would give that dealer first crack at doing just this. If not, I will likely check around locally with what I want and see who will deal.

You're telling me that CR doesn't have a direct number to Marky Mark???

Good luck, hope you find the one you're looking for. I agree that if you're paying today's vehicle prices, you should 99% get what you want.

Hope you have better luck down this rabbit hole than I did. I was looking for a very specific 6.2 l combination and ended up buying the Callaway lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You're telling me that CR doesn't have a direct number to Marky Mark???

Good luck, hope you find the one you're looking for. I agree that if you're paying today's vehicle prices, you should 99% get what you want.

Hope you have better luck down this rabbit hole than I did. I was looking for a very specific 6.2 l combination and ended up buying the Callaway lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

no way marky mark and the funky bunch cant help you out!

If I could find one "in stock" I would give that dealer first crack at doing just this. If not, I will likely check around locally with what I want and see who will deal.

You’d be surprised what kind of strings they can pull when they have a “for sure” sale on the horizon. Doesn’t hurt to ask or try, just sayin.

I hear plenty of people making it to 150k+ all stock with DoD enabled but also hear some horror stories. I've been running a $180 Range AFM disabler since I bought my truck and have nothing but positive vibes and shit.. it just stays in V8 mode all the time without all the fuckery. Gas mileage is better for some reason..? GM sucks at this whole 4-cylinder shutoff nonsense, so yeah, bypass that and you're good (ideally with a new cam and tune, but this thing works 100% on the cheap).

I never had problems with DoD, but I kept my four GMT K200s (3 Sierras and a Silverado) only for one year at a time. I really enjoyed the '15 Sierra (with FFV) running E85 since I didn't like it on 93 (less power and torque). I wish I could have found one with a 6.2l FFV.

Thanks for the link to this dealer. I'm waiting for the '21's to show up in dealers in hopes of finding a smoking deal on a '20 later this year. Also a costco member. The thought of buying a truck frustrates me but the one I've got now needs to be put down and I do a LOT of towing these days.

Priced out some used trucks and the new version of the same thing is horrible looking but only a couple grand cheaper than a brand new one.

I'm good with the 5.3 as long as it has the 8 speed and towing package. Anything else I should be weary of on the new GM trucks?

Most dealerships are suffering from very low quality inventories. It’s just starting to come back around. It’s not easy to find much right now. I don’t have much to add other then that, here at Dan Tobin they get away without cutting prices much and I don’t really know how the new General Sales Manager and all the new people he brought in are going to play out in the near future.

Thanks for the link to this dealer. I'm waiting for the '21's to show up in dealers in hopes of finding a smoking deal on a '20 later this year. Also a costco member. The thought of buying a truck frustrates me but the one I've got now needs to be put down and I do a LOT of towing these days.

Priced out some used trucks and the new version of the same thing is horrible looking but only a couple grand cheaper than a brand new one.

I'm good with the 5.3 as long as it has the 8 speed and towing package. Anything else I should be weary of on the new GM trucks?

Don't keep it for too long, i.e. keep one under factory warranty and not the extended one either.

I thought DoD was okay if you kept up on oil changes. My wife's 08 Avalanche has just over 150k on it and runs very well with working DoD. Though I may look into that thing Brian linked to see if it would work for mine. Sorry OP, I'm not much help here to you.

I'm not up to speed on the technicalities but I've read AFM causes GM engines to burn oil. So yeah, changing the oil often may prevent issues, but I'd rather circumvent/delete AFM and have a truck that doesn't burn (as much) oil in the first place.

That Range AFM disabler works on any OBDII GM vehicle, so I'm sure it'll work on your wife's ride. It's what all the truck bros use and it leaves no trace once unplugged. Once I get out of warranty in a couple years I'm going to delete all that garbage with a cam and other toys.

On-topic, like others have said, dealerships are having trouble keeping a solid inventory with covid because new cars/trucks aren't being built as quickly. Demand is high and supply is low so I imagine getting any kind of discount do be challenging.

The 5.3 in my '08 only lasted around 100k before it was burning soo much oil that it clogged the cats and made a general mess out of everything. It belonged to my friend back then and he put an LY6 6.0L in the thing which at this point has 130k-140k, without any DoD and it doesn't burn a drop of oil and still runs strong.

...but the rest of the truck is a rusted piece of shit at this point. I own older cars from europe that don't have a spec of rust on them that have been driven in winters and haven't had issues, it's disappointing how bad these damn domestic trucks rust. I literally have to take the body grounds lose every spring and clean them or else random electrical stuff just quits working.

My biggest gripe is I started to tow a relatively small enclosed trailer but it's got 7" height with an A/C unit on the top and it's an absolute parachute behind the truck. If someone farts wrong causing an air disturbance and I'm trying to run 78-80mph the thing will constantly be in and out of converter lock and downshift all the time to try to keep in the power band for even the smallest grade. I feel like the newer 8 or 10 speed transmissions will hopefully make towing at that speed a little less of an adventure. It pulls my GT3 on an open trailer better than it pulls a 1400lb enclosed trailer with race karts in it all from aero drag.