New Chevrolet truck hook up?

craig71188

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had a 2018 2.7tt towing 5k pounds daily and now a 2020 3.5tt towing 7k lbs daily.. I couldn't see myself in any other truck than an F150 for doing what i do. 2.7tt saw 24mpg freeway(21.7 through mountains) 3.5tt 23mpg freeway(21.2 through mountains) both had the 10 speed autos

op: "I know exactly which Chevy I want and have a supplier discount"

IXpo9pJ.jpg?1

More for Andy than Craig. Craig has all kinds of broken racecars so I’m sure a broken Chevy will fit right in. Andy needs a reliable truck to move his toys.

I say go 3/4 ton if your primary needs are towing. It's all about duty cycle. You want to be in the middle not in the top third of it. All the regular 10k trailer towing half ton guys crack me up, just step up to the right tool and lose the white knuckle experience.

Bonus may be that you may lose the regular cab W/T trim requirement when you move to 3/4 ton also. No worry of DoD, and you get bigger brakes, bigger axle, bigger frame, bigger trans, coolers sized for towing loads without specific option packages, etc.

Pure engine power aside, 3/4 ton tows nicer/safer/with less drama than half ton.

No objection to looking at a Ford. I had several '80's & '90's Fords (F100 - F250) I had great success with the '05, but lots of things have changed since then. Maybe it's time to change it up. SO far no "winners" on the GM side as far as availability & incentives.

More for Andy than Craig. Craig has all kinds of broken racecars so I’m sure a broken Chevy will fit right in. Andy needs a reliable truck to move his toys.

It's a fair suggestion, and one I've considered but I have 2 issues.

1 - I've never been a ford fan even though their trucks are obviously very good

2 - Everyone I know who's towed extensively with an ecoboost has had to put a motor in them. One is either a 18 or 19 that needed a shortblock at like 3500 miles and the most he ever towed was like 4500lbs.

Has ford addressed the reliability issues?

2 - Everyone I know who's towed extensively with an ecoboost has had to put a motor in them. One is either a 18 or 19 that needed a shortblock at like 3500 miles and the most he ever towed was like 4500lbs.

If it’s just preference sure.

I think most trucks sucked for a while after 2008. The 5.3 getting a quart of oil per mile and the 5.4 blowing plugs, ram coming pre rusted. Ford started to pull away from the competition in 2015. The only ecoboost failures I have heard about are the HO 3.5 that’s in the platinum and Gen 2 Raptor.

Got my 2016 2.7 new and it just hit 97k. 25k miles of pulling a car on a steel trailer. Replaced tires, $7 PCV valve and kept up on oil changes. My truck pulls better than most older diesels I have driven. It’s rated higher than the 7.3 F350s. It barely downshifts. Makes peak torque below 3000 unlike all the V8s that drop 2 gears and hold 4000rpm to do anything. It’s my favorite vehicle I have owned.

Lots of Gridlife and SCCA guys pulling aluminum enclosed trailers with theirs. 24’ is the biggest I have seen and they said it’s not great but it gets the job done for a couple events a year.

Since this has derailed a bit.......

I'm really hoping Toyota hits a home run with the new Tundra in 2022 after dropping the V8 entirely and going V6TT allegedly. I wouldn't even be mad if they pulled their hybrid tech into the truck for electric torque on take off from a light. They have really proven themselves as a leader in "hybrid" to me.

Since this has derailed a bit.......

I'm really hoping Toyota hits a home run with the new Tundra in 2022 after dropping the V8 entirely and going V6TT allegedly. I wouldn't even be mad if they pulled their hybrid tech into the truck for electric torque on take off from a light. They have really proven themselves as a leader in "hybrid" to me.

So exactly what the 2021 F150 will be. V6TT with hybrid. Onboard 220V outlet to run welders, charge electric racecar, etc.

When I looked at a tundra in 2016 they told me with a straight face the stripper model was 10k more than what I paid for my F150, got half the mpg, towed less and was already rusting. I’m baffled they sold more than 1.

When I looked at a tundra in 2016 they told me with a straight face the stripper model was 10k more than what I paid for my F150, got half the mpg, towed less and was already rusting. I’m baffled they sold more than 1.

There are fan boys for everything, just take this thread for example. My stubborn ass will not buy any new truck, nor will I buy anything but 10 year old Chevy. New trucks are stupid prices for too much technology, it’s a truck, part of a truck’s appeal to me should be simplicity, but that’s not what the masses seem to want. I’ll stick to my 15 year old truck without a payment and look like a broke dick.

So exactly what the 2021 F150 will be. V6TT with hybrid. Onboard 220V outlet to run welders, charge electric racecar, etc.

I'm a Toyota fan boi, so we'll see how the new truck turns out/performs. Toyota has never been a leader as far as pick up trucks go. I still really enjoy not having to maintenance them hardly at all.

There are fan boys for everything, just take this thread for example. My stubborn ass will not buy any new truck, nor will I buy anything but 10 year old Chevy. New trucks are stupid prices for too much technology, it’s a truck, part of a truck’s appeal to me should be simplicity, but that’s not what the masses seem to want. I’ll stick to my 15 year old truck without a payment and look like a broke dick.

I would GLADLY buy a used truck - "IF" I could find one with low miles & no rust...and not a LONG sob story about why they want several thousand over book price. I may still wait it out and buy used. The concept of having an 8' bed seems all but lost.....

I would GLADLY buy a used truck - "IF" I could find one with low miles & no rust...and not a LONG sob story about why they want several thousand over book price. I may still wait it out and buy used. The concept of having an 8' bed seems all but lost.....

Doesn't hurt to give Jordan a call.

I've not known anyone personally with issues, but the forums do seem to show some timing component issues on folks who wait until the display tells them to change the oil vs 3-5k changes.

Mine is a Max Tow crew 6.5 bed 4x4 3.5TT 10 speed. Specs show 12,900 towing.

Everyone focuses on the fact that the gas mileage isn't much if any better than the v8s, but the missed message is what Chandler stated. The torque and resulting effortless way it goes about towing. It's a step above.

Well in the Ford vs. GM (website) battle, it's a draw!

GM will let you build & price and search the whole country

Ford will build and price and only let you search a 100 mile radius, but Ford will let you pull up the actual window sticker GM will not.

Neither on has 2021 Build & Price on trucks yet!!!

https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/2021/#/select/Config

Not sure what the market is now but 20% off MSRP was possible on 1/4 tons when I got mine.

Thanks (sort of) - having it posted and actually getting it to run some numbers....well. Maybe it's f'ed up for the weekend

New trucks are stupid prices for too much technology, it’s a truck, part of a truck’s appeal to me should be simplicity, but that’s not what the masses seem to want. I’ll stick to my 15 year old truck without a payment and look like a broke dick.

VzqyngF.gif

I understand I'm not hauling racecar-on-trailer so I appreciate I don't have to load up on capabilities from my teeruk. 4-wheel discs still haul trailers well enough.

Longbed Crew REPRESENT!

I love having fans blow cool air on my asshole through perforated leather while I'm asking android auto to tell me a funny fart joke while drinking a beer from one of the 11 cup holders on my way to the river with a pile of kayaks in the bed to go get shitfaced on the water. Ford, Chevy, fuckin whatever.. New trucks are the shit and worth every penny.

I love having fans blow cool air on my asshole through perforated leather while I'm asking android auto to tell me a funny fart joke while drinking a beer from one of the 11 cup holders on my way to the river with a pile of kayaks in the bed to go get shitfaced on the water. Ford, Chevy, fuckin whatever.. New trucks are the shit and worth every penny.

and proof that there’s an ass for every seat.

Love my old trucks, obv, but I def agree with this too. It was nice riding in a loaded Platinum (thanks, Jordan) on a hot day towing my aunt's broken Nissan back from the WV/VA border. Dem seat coolers tho...