What company rents a truck with a trailer hitch?

smokin5s

We're looking to go out of town in a few weeks and are going to be pulling some toys behind a trailer. Originally the plan was to just take my truck with 300k miles on it. I'm having some second thoughts on if that truck would be a good idea to take 3 hours away pulling a trailer with dirt toys on them. Does anyone know of a company that rents trucks with an actual hitch on it? I checked out enterprise and they do not have hitches on their trucks.

We're looking to go out of town in a few weeks and are going to be pulling some toys behind a trailer. Originally the plan was to just take my truck with 300k miles on it. I'm having some second thoughts on if that truck would be a good idea to take 3 hours away pulling a trailer with dirt toys on them. Does anyone know of a company that rents trucks with an actual hitch on it? I checked out enterprise and they do not have hitches on their trucks.

enterprise says they don't have hitches on their trucks but every single one I have rented from them (7 in the last 3 years) has had a hitch. Enterprise will rent you the same truck under enterprise truck rental, but there is a pay by the mile charge if you are going to tow.

enterprise says they don't have hitches on their trucks but every single one I have rented from them (7 in the last 3 years) has had a hitch. Enterprise will rent you the same truck under enterprise truck rental, but there is a pay by the mile charge if you are going to tow.

Pay by mile could get quite expensive real fast

which enterprise do you rent from? Maybe I need to stop by there and take a look at their inventory.

Most GM trucks come with a hitch from the factory, so it does not surprise me that Enterprise trucks would have one regardless. I also don’t know how many of them are going to have more then the 4 cylinder or V6 in them so who knows what you’d actually get until you’re picking it up.

I’d buy a AAA membership and take my chances. Renting a truck for a week seems like it may not be worth the expense.

which enterprise do you rent from? Maybe I need to stop by there and take a look at their inventory.

I rotate between the one on 5th ave in grandview, the one by downtown hilliard, and the one by the big sandy near sawmill in dublin.

If you are going to go there and talk to them, there is an enterprise truck rental on Shire Rings Rd in dublin. Often the local agencies can do more than what is on the website. In my experience they can sometimes offer you a weekly rental flat rate instead of per day + mileage.

Don't tow with a rented vehicle from Enterprise unless it's from their truck division. If something goes wrong you're going to have a bad time, trust me.

I have wondered about that. Even if you get the extra insurance? I usually get supplemental rental car coverage through my Amex to cover me just in case. Doesn't have as many caveats as the ins offered through the rental place.

I rotate between the one on 5th ave in grandview, the one by downtown hilliard, and the one by the big sandy near sawmill in dublin.

If you are going to go there and talk to them, there is an enterprise truck rental on Shire Rings Rd in dublin. Often the local agencies can do more than what is on the website. In my experience they can sometimes offer you a weekly rental flat rate instead of per day + mileage.

I have wondered about that. Even if you get the extra insurance? I usually get supplemental rental car coverage through my Amex to cover me just in case. Doesn't have as many caveats as the ins offered through the rental place.

In the fine print it says you cannot use the truck to tow with. It voids the insurance you purchase because you're violating the rental agreement. When you rent a truck a well trained ERAC employee will remind you that you can't tow with it.

Here's the thing about the credit card insurance, it will cover you, eventually.... The first thing that will happen is ERAC is going to pop you for your insurance deductable and file a claim against your insurance. After that, the fight begins between you, the loss control department at ERAC, and the credit card company.

Now, if you have the ERAC insurance, don't violate the rental contract, and return the car on a roll back they'll take a statement from you and tell you to have a nice day.

I worked for ERAC for over two years and spent a year helping to run a large branch. Some of the shit I saw at that company will blow your mind.

• 2 weeks later...
I swear this was just a thread...

But youll end up just taking your own truck.

yes, my wife is insistant on taking my truck and if something happens then rent a truck to get the trailer home and just tow the truck.. not sure how I feel about that.