☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

I have nothing to add other than stock up. This will be a bumpy ride.

they are going to attack the 2A hard. small business are going to get destroyed and all this free stuff on top on the stimulus pork is going to create even bigger problems for the future gens.

stretch out those throats boys, the dems are rock hard and looking to shove it anywhere they can.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are going to attack the 2A hard. small business are going to get destroyed and all this free stuff on top on the stimulus pork is going to create even bigger problems for the future gens.

Every Democratic led government someone trots out this fear mongering and every time it turns out to be hogwash. At some point don't you get tired of yelling the sky is falling and just kinda want to see if it will actually fall?

It's a metaphor.

Pork in the bills can be a problem...and both sides are guilty of the practice. BTW, sometimes it's not a problem - sometimes its a good thing to package deal certain things. However this is a separate issue and just another whataboutism distraction.

You can't even begin to discuss whether a bill has too much pork in it or not unless it is up for consideration. If it isn't being submitted for consideration then the Senate isn't doing the one Job it was elected to do.

Do you or Don't you have a problem with one person (the Senate majority leader) single-handedly reducing the effectiveness of your congressperson's representation of you? I have a huge problem with that, every American should have a problem with that - it means that the one part of this that was kind of working was broken by one party.

I never claimed to be a fan of McConnell, but with the divide we currently have, is he using his power to try and force compromise from the opposite side? Wrong or right, that's where we are.

N

Now, let's talk about this sandbar more, will there be booze and grilled meat?

:masturboy::masturboy::masturboy:

You may have missed the most important part of the metaphor, which is that WE HAVE NO RUM.

Wait, are you sidestepping and being vague?

The two party system wasn't ever intended. It's just something that happens in a democracy. The founders just didn't do enough to prevent it, even though some of the tried.

Nobody likes the 2 party system, and I'd go so far as to say nobody likes their own party. There's just no way that 2 parties are going to satisfy anyone. This isn't news, everyone fucking hates the polarization. But here's where I'm at.

Let's say you're a sailor on the HMS Bounty, and the first mate stages a mutiny. See, the Captain wants to go deliver the cargo to the port and get paid to buy more rum, and the first mate wants to divert to go get more rum now. I dunno, I'm not a pirate. Slowly but surely your fellow sailors fall in line either behind the Captain or the First Mate. You and your bunkmate, though, you're above all this. The two of you don't give a shit as long as you have 3 hots and a cot. High fives all around!

But then, during the squabbling, the Bounty runs aground on a sandbar. The First Mate says, "Aye, let's dig ourselves off of this sandbar and then we can go off to get more rum!" And the Captain says, "Sandbars aren't real, we'll get moving eventually if we can just figure out what's wrong with the sails." Well you, being an experienced sailor, know that you're not getting off that sandbar until you dig yourselves out, barring some unpredictable storm coming by and giving you the push you need.

So you talk to your bunkmate. "I think we ought to listen to the first mate on this one. And if we have to go along with his plan to get more rum now, well, that's just something we'll accept in order to get ourselves unstuck from this sandbar." And your bunkmate replies, "I THINK BOTH SIDES ARE STUPID."

Seems so, you allude to the fact that there IS INDEED rum but we don't need more. Hmm..... :p;)

I'm not trying to win anything, but many of these replies appear more about changing someone's mind or showing them why they are "wrong" rather than listening and simply discussing. If this is what the country has become, no wonder there are more and more shoving their heads in the proverbial sandbar that may or may not exist.

There's nothing wrong with being a general good human being without picking a side. Though it seems to me if you haven't chosen a side they both will come at you to prove your are misinformed, wrong and unamerican.

Pages 5 and 6 of this thread have delivered for me.

I don't know gillbot personally (I do greg, Geeto67 and most others in this thread, regardless of their political beliefs) but I think this comment hits very close to home why we try to work towards open communication and sharing of ideas....only to have - as I myself get older - those with the most to lose choosing to remain silent on many pertinent issues.

Even when Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton did a song about not saying anything at all, and they were panned for white privledge and "SILENCE = CONSENT". It's tough out there for a theocentric, fiscally-conservative, cisgendered white male!

stretch out those throats boys, the dems are rock hard and looking to shove it anywhere they can.

Stock up, boys...Obama's going to take our guns.

No wait, it's Pelosi and Schumer. THEY'RE going to take our guns.

Wait, no...it's bad corporate America for not helping Remington stay out of bankruptcy! Trump's stopping us from getting more guns!

Wait, it's the CHINESE...with their bad trade deals and flu! They are taking our guns!

Hang on, I need to re-stock...my MRE's have gone bad since the last FoxNews ad I bought my supply from.

Every Democratic led government someone trots out this fear mongering and every time it turns out to be hogwash. At some point don't you get tired of yelling the sky is falling and just kinda want to see if it will actually fall?

They have already stated with the 2a and they aren’t even in power yet.

Just like Obama was going to take urrrrr gunzzz, right?

Free stuff on top of the stimulus pork? You were rallying for grants in the Orange man thread.

They have already stated with the 2a and they aren’t even in power yet.

You don't understand and just paranoid. They haven't ever taken or chipped away at gun rights (94 was just for lol's, besides, it wasn't renewed), and no matter how many times they promise to ban online sales, limited magazine capacity, limit the amount of firearms you can own, "hell yeah we will take your ar-15" won't ever happen.

If you don't mind, could you also stop saying things I don't agree with? Go start your own CR...and hosting service. Now let's put everything behind us and unify, you stupid redneck.

Just like Obama was going to take urrrrr gunzzz, right?

Free stuff on top of the stimulus pork? You were rallying for grants in the Orange man thread.

We have never had this progressive of a climate in regards to guns..ever. So yes, it’s concerning if you hold that issue high on your list. I’m not losing my shit as you seem to think, but I’m not holding my breath. I have prepared accordingly. They are already introducing legislation that would ban certain cartridges and guns.

I never rallied for the stimulus, but the if there is going to be any grants or help extended forgivable or non forgivable it needs to go to areas that were most hit. The airline industry and almost every other industry is still able to operate, but people are CHOOSING to not travel. It’s completely different than my business.

I CANT operate a touring business right now. The local and federal governments won’t let me. If they are banning certain businesses from operating in a free market and taking away people’s choice to attend a show or not, they need to make up for it in some way. I have no choice in it. So yes, I will take a grant to keep people on payroll. That’s not a hand out.

Do you own a business? If so, put yourself in my shoes. You, the fans, touring crew, venues etc WANT to roll out measure to make it safe, but the government WONT let us. That’s fucking wrong. You know it and anyone else that owns a business that people rely on for income would be livid for being forced to sit on your ass for 10 months while these fucking asshats give pork and payouts to bullshit.

You don't understand and just paranoid. They haven't ever taken or chipped away at gun rights (94 was just for lol's, besides, it wasn't renewed), and no matter how many times they promise to ban online sales, limited magazine capacity, limit the amount of firearms you can own, "hell yeah we will take your ar-15" won't ever happen.

If you don't mind, could you also stop saying things I don't agree with? Go start your own CR...and hosting service. Now let's put everything behind us and unify, you stupid redneck.

You’re right, I should trust the government more to make the right decisions. That works out well!

We have never had this progressive of a climate in regards to guns..ever. So yes, it’s concerning if you hold that issue high on your list. I’m not losing my shit as you seem to think, but I’m not holding my breath. I have prepared accordingly. They are already introducing legislation that would ban certain cartridges and guns.

I never rallied for the stimulus, but the if there is going to be any grants or help extended forgivable or non forgivable it needs to go to areas that were most hit. The airline industry and almost every other industry is still able to operate, but people are CHOOSING to not travel. It’s completely different than my business.

I CANT operate a touring business right now. The local and federal governments won’t let me. If they are banning certain businesses from operating in a free market and taking away people’s choice to attend a show or not, they need to make up for it in some way. I have no choice in it. So yes, I will take a grant to keep people on payroll. That’s not a hand out.

But that’s exactly the problem. People crying about things, that are not going to happen. No one is taking your guns.

Indeed, zero issues with grants. Forgivable or not. Zero issue with hand outs either, and having my taxes raised. But, like the last round. No one at the bottom got shit. That’s never going to change, regardless of which side is in charge sadly.

Yes. I own a business. Temp closed my doors very early on, trying to do the right thing and kept them closed for 7 months. I get it. There’s people loosing everything. Shitty situation, and no right answer.

I guess this boils down to what is your opinion worth?

Nobody is ever wrong for having their own opinion. As the saying goes: "they can't take the space in you head".

When you share your opinion, it does a few things:

- It tells people something about you

- It informs people how you feel about something

Otherwise, why share it?

If you want other's to find merit in your opinion and think highly of your character it needs to be credible. If it is to be credible it needs to be informed. If you response is to more information isn't to consider it and help it shape your opinion then your opinion is neither credible nor informed. Worse than that it tells others that your opinion isn't something they should care about and even that you might not be trusted on certain things.

In as much as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to my opinion that politically you aren't really anyone to be believed or listened to.

There aren't right or wrong opinions, just informed and uninformed opinions, and when you present an uninformed opinion you are asking those you share it with to inform you. If your reaction to that is to tell them to fuck off I'm as informed as I want to be, then it speaks volumes to others as to your character and intelligence.

Haha....you're the poster child for holier than thou political blow hard. Just because you can puke political nonsense doesn't make you informed or intelligent. It makes you just another loud mouthed asshole that no one wants to be around. There's guys like you on both sides of the aisle so this isn't a left or right thing....it's a personality thing. Just because you have an opinion, and it is just your opinion, you don't have to share it with everyone. Remain quiet and let people wonder if you're an asshole instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

But that’s exactly the problem. People crying about things, that are not going to happen. No one is taking your guns.

Indeed, zero issues with grants. Forgivable or not. Zero issue with hand outs either, and having my taxes raised. But, like the last round. No one at the bottom got shit. That’s never going to change, regardless of which side is in charge sadly.

Yes. I own a business. Temp closed my doors very early on, trying to do the right thing and kept them closed for 7 months. I get it. There’s people loosing everything. Shitty situation, and no right answer.

I hope you are right! I will revisit this post in a few years and if you are right, I’ll happily say so.

Instead of grants, I wish they would just let the free market decide what people want to do instead of forcing businesses to close. Some companies in my business have and will continue to permaclose. That feels super invasive when you’ve put 10+ years into a business to have to all wiped away in 10 months because politicians heads are up their asses.

I hope you are right! I will revisit this post in a few years and if you are right, I’ll happily say so.

Instead of grants, I wish they would just let the free market decide what people want to do instead of forcing businesses to close. Some companies in my business have and will continue to permaclose. That feels super invasive when you’ve put 10+ years into a business to have to all wiped away in 10 months because politicians heads are up their asses.

Plenty of businesses I loved in my area, have gone under. More will be on the way. Endless employees without an income, and the owners loosing everything. It’s a terrible situation. I put health before wealth, so it hasn’t completely worn me down yet. But many don’t have that flexibility. Wish I had the answers.

Haha....you're the poster child for holier than thou political blow hard. Just because you can puke political nonsense doesn't make you informed or intelligent. It makes you just another loud mouthed asshole that no one wants to be around. There's guys like you on both sides of the aisle so this isn't a left or right thing....it's a personality thing. Just because you have an opinion, and it is just your opinion, you don't have to share it with everyone. Remain quiet and let people wonder if you're an asshole instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

So your opinion is that nobody should exchange opinions and ideas? Seems counter productive. Or is it people should just not share what you don't agree with?

oh well.

In these conversations there are two types of people: People who want knowledge and people who just want to be right.

I expect every opinion I share be challenged. I welcome it actually. It's not personal or an insult - maybe I missed something and someone else came to a different conclusion because of the something I missed. I change my mind often, and often in response to credible information, explanation of point of view, or simply circumstances changing. I want knowledge.

Everything you have said so far indicates that you take criticism of your opinion very personally, that you are dug in and you aren't open to new information. You just want to be right, or at least you want someone to validate you and tell you your opinion matters. To that end I recommend either being more open minded and receptive to other information or take your own advice.

Edited by Geeto67

Catchy and it rhymes. Brilliant.

Now do one for those who have no income. Like why bother to be able to buy food when you can't even taste it, amirite?

I have provided a monthly income for 2 people, who have been out of a job for months. Wife is a teacher, and offered to cover her salary this year to just stay home.

Fuck off

I never claimed to be a fan of McConnell, but with the divide we currently have, is he using his power to try and force compromise from the opposite side?

No, he's using it to stifle bipartisanship and foster the divide. Or at least that's what the numbers tell us.

When you have bills being drafted and considered, you have bipartisanship. Even with the majorities we have seen since 2014, for most things to get through the HOR there has to be some bipartisan agreement (even if it is not in equal measure). The consideration by that body is where the negotiation and compromise happens. If a bill makes it from the house to the senate, then the senators get to debate it and negotiate it and compromise, sometimes changing it enough to send it back to the house for a re-vote.

If a bill is never brought up for a vote in the senate, then it is not discussed, it is not negotiated, there is no bipartisan compromise, and it eventually times out (a bill expires when congress goes out of session for the year). It dies on Mitch McConnell's desk.

Even when Democrats offer to negotiate bills from the house outside of a vote in hopes of getting it to something that could be voted on in the senate, McConnell has leveraged his authority to punish republicans who seek compromise. He can do everything from cancelling their dining and gym privileges at the statehouse to cancelling their campaign funds - it's quite corrupt and somewhat awful.

This isn't news, it was a calculated and developed during the Obama administration specifically targeted to undermine bipartisanship and compromise. They aren't hiding it either. McConnell calls himself the grim reaper.

Edited by Geeto67

Wow this thread turned south.

Regardless, you call it bipartisanship, I call it scratching each other’s backs while screwing Americans. That’s true politics as we stand today.

Explain this. How is it scratching each others back when one side has refused to scratch anybody's back but their own donors and voting base?

Bipartisanship just means you get someone from both parties to agree. It's the essence of government compromise - literally the job they were hired to do: Find a way to address an issue that their constituents care about in a manner that everyone can live with.

Explain this. How is it scratching each others back when one side has refused to scratch anybody's back but their own donors and voting base?

Bipartisanship just means you get someone from both parties to agree. It's the essence of government compromise - literally the job they were hired to do: Find a way to address an issue that their constituents care about in a manner that everyone can live with.

Based on the protests/riots the President is being charged with, I’d say there are many that don’t agree with the bills and general decisions coming out of Washington DC. I’m not charging either side with the sole responsibility whereas I’d bet there are many of us “uninformed people” who could lean one way or the other that are dissatisfied with Washington DC. They sure have no issue passing raises for themselves though, but I’ll yield to your wisdom though as you always have the answer.

Here's the issue..it seems the left on here have a very hard time admitting their side isn't always correct. While many of the left have admitted the fact that some of the crap we see the left doing is wrong.

Until we can see the plank in out eye we can not see the splinter in the others' this isn't the correct quote but you get what I'm saying.

Kerry maybe the bills that didn't come up for consideration were worth looking at..I don't know. But let me ask this, doesn't congress have better things to do than impeaching the out-going president a 2nd time. Isn't this more dividing than just letting him get the f@*& out in 8 days? We all know the left in congress have a hard-on for him...let it go!

To me this will just piss his hard core followers to be more adamant in protecting him.