1 in 5 EV owners in Cali going back to ICE

BuckeyeROC

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge cheap EVs like the leaf and those hybrid plug ins have non managed batteries that only last a few years. They degrade at an incredible pace. All their benefit is for not when you have to foot the bill for a new battery every 6 years and have all that non recyclable waste to deal with. I think the life cycle of the cars should be taken into account. There is a happy medium of long lasting premium EVs for rich soccer moms and fuel efficient shit box ICE cars for the hillbilly’s in boons.

I honestly can’t wait for an autonomous EV trailer that can take my racecar to the track for me and I can just fly. Would be cool to send it out Wednesday and fly to Laguna seca for a weekend track day without the tow or burning PTO.

I honestly can’t wait for an autonomous EV trailer that can take my racecar to the track for me and I can just fly. Would be cool to send it out Wednesday and fly to Laguna seca for a weekend track day without the tow or burning PTO.

hopefully by then ICE won't be banned entirely?

if you join a track with memberships, you can just store your car there and fly out for track days whenever

I never thought of that...but I would totally buy an autonomous RV that drove to a destination out west and I could fly out there. Get way more use out of the vehicle that way. Half the problem of having an RV in Ohio and dreaming of setting up camp in Zion National Park is that its a minimum 6 days on the road out west and back...turns what could be a fun week vacation into 2-3 weeks.

Realistically, criminals would spot that big white whale rolling down the road unattended or sitting in a lot somewhere and take all my shit. #WhyWeCantHaveNiceThings

Whoa...have my autonomous RV on RVShare and send it to destinations for people to use (and pay me for the privledge), while I stay at home.

Interesting concepts!

gas would need to be $10-12/gal in order to keep up with road/bridge infrastructure demand.

we're still fighting with the 60k or so we built two generations ago.

Since the gubmint is footing the bill, we're all paying for it anyway

BUT BUT BUT that's going to eat into truck and SUV sales!

California has great ideas on some things... legalize lane splitting, lane filtering, encourage more people to ride bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, reduce congestion, etc all that stuff is great.

Also, are our city planners retarded? Why can I visit some cities where I can walk to dining, groceries, etc and here I have to get in my car and spend 10 minutes sitting at red lights to get 3 miles away?!? No wonder EVs make so much sense- we're mostly sitting still getting 0MPG. This is mostly your fault, shitty city architects!

So...shipping it. That exists now.

Also, are our city planners retarded? Why can I visit some cities where I can walk to dining, groceries, etc and here I have to get in my car and spend 10 minutes sitting at red lights to get 3 miles away?!

You CAN do that here. Park your car and get out. Downtown, uptown Westerville, old Hilliard, etc. Many places within the city and the suburbs this is readily avail.

Had a buddy who worked at NW for years, had a condo within walking distance and didn't even own a vehicle for about 5-6 years until he got married and they moved out of the city and that was years ago. It's much easier now.

You CAN do that here. Park your car and get out. Downtown, uptown Westerville, old Hilliard, etc. Many places within the city and the suburbs this is readily avail.

uptown westerville is pretty nice, hilliard really isn't laid out well for it, unless you like crossing highways and riding/walking on super busy streets with no shoulder or sidewalks :(

I could walk or ride a bike anywhere in UA and it was awesome for that.