College Football thread 2021/22

Otis Nice

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolute waste of a season

I respectfully disagree. When asked who has played against TTUN, like, 2 players raised their hands. This is the 2nd youngest squad in the nation, they walked into a program that EXPECTS perfection, walked into the GREATEST rivalry, and at the end of it all went 10-2.

We have these kids for two more years. Two more years to grow and develop and to mesh together. Today those kids went up against some serious talent. Especially against that D line.

If our BAD years are 10-2 I won't complain. It's hard to find many other programs who could say that. Aside from the Fickell interim OSU hasn't had a .500 or below reg season in over 100 years or something. It still wasn't even a losing reg season. That's nothing to scoff out or downplay.

We, as fans, just always expect perfection. It's not realistic.

That being said this one still hurt but I'm excited for the future.

I respectfully disagree. When asked who has played against TTUN, like, 2 players raised their hands. This is the 2nd youngest squad in the nation, they walked into a program that EXPECTS perfection, walked into the GREATEST rivalry, and at the end of it all went 10-2.

We have these kids for two more years. Two more years to grow and develop and to mesh together. Today those kids went up against some serious talent. Especially against that D line.

If our BAD years are 10-2 I won't complain. It's hard to find many other programs who could say that. Aside from the Fickell interim OSU hasn't had a .500 or below reg season in over 100 years or something. It still wasn't even a losing reg season. That's nothing to scoff out or downplay.

Playoffs or beat Michigan, gotta do one or the other or it’s a failure of a season. I’m with Panduh.

That was a tough game. I still think our talent outweighed theirs but they came to play and it showed. This is a great growing game for our young team.

I do think it's funny all the Michigan fans talking insane amount of shit. Like I get being excited you won. But act like you've been there before... I mean I know its only happened like 3 times in 20 some years but damn.

Winning a title is hard (we've won 2 since their last) but they haven't even been close, even in the conversation. LOL

Salty buckeye fan sure. This sucks but damn I never EVER rubbed it in Michigan's fans face the way some of these losers are trying to do. I just think it's funny honestly how crazy they are, dude you should have been this excited for the last 20 fucking years what happened?

Can't wait for OSU to destroy them next year. Take it to the bank.

We have these kids for two more years. Two more years to grow and develop and to mesh together. Today those kids went up against some kids. Especially against that D line full of kids.

FTFY

I hate that we lost, it sucks so bad, but we will destroy them next year.

Playoffs or beat Michigan, gotta do one or the other or it’s a failure of a season. I’m with Panduh.

Point proven. :lol:

We're spoiled. I'll readily admit I fall in line with y'all at times but we're spoiled. The realist in me says this is still a helluva good season for being so young. Not saying I'm happy with losing to scUM or not winning a NC, but if this is the WORST I have to endear as a fan? Well, it's not too bad.

FTFY

wheel-of-fortune-wheel.gif

Crazy coaching changing week so far. A lot of things in the works. I hope TOSU is ALREADY thinking of its defensive coaching changes because there are a ton of moving pieces already rolling and we need to figure that out.

I agree with much of the above. Sucks to lose especially to them in that way but this was not a wasted season, and if the worst I have to see is 10-2 I'll take it. Long as Ryan Day and co continue to build this program and his successor is chosen of the same quality at least OSU will continue to flourish. There used to be days of 7-5 and such remember or worst...

If 10-2 is a disappointing season I'll take it. Just get better get more experienced, and get more fired up, and lets roll next year. They are still boys/young men and it is still a game for entertainment.

I still do find it funny all the Michigan fans I haven't heard from basically for 10 years just living their best life on social media. I mean congrats on the win honestly I mean that you earned it, your team showed up to play. But it's insane, you could combine the celebrating I've done over the last 10 years over Michigan and it doesn't equal the celebrating Michigan fans are doing this year. Proves really just how far they have fallen.

Maybe this will be a turning point maybe not, I don't know. But Michigan fans should honestly realize how sad they look.

Honestly surprised we kept all 4 of them for the entire season. Also not surprised he's jumping ship too considering he jumped ship on Highschool for money. Guys got his priorities set for sure and that's to make money playing football.

No hard feelings best of luck to him but unless he was truly incredible there would be basically zero chance to take over the starting roll anytime soon.

Honestly surprised we kept all 4 of them for the entire season. Also not surprised he's jumping ship too considering he jumped ship on Highschool for money. Guys got his priorities set for sure and that's to make money playing football.

No hard feelings best of luck to him but unless he was truly incredible there would be basically zero chance to take over the starting roll anytime soon.

Agreed.

265014025_10158163406836400_8164429447927192246_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=MkiZLli5LDcAX_0m9cG&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=1c21ab40a3b613ce079c9b84e4c36146&oe=61B26160

I predict:

- 'Bama over Cincy (although I'm rooting for Cincy and hope I'm wrong).

- TTUN over UGA (although I'm rooting for UGA and hope I'm wrong).

- Fake OSU over ND (this was a hard one. I changed my mind and edited it. Could go either way).

- THE OSU over UUUUUUUUUUUUU.

- Sparty over Pitt.

- Who cares? They're both trash.