College Football thread 2021/22

Otis Nice

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the interview..he stumbled and bumbled his way through it..I could make a political statement here but won't.

I still can't believe they gave him an extension, but I'm glad they did. This is how they had to feel when we hired and retained cooper.

They need to get the coffins ready I guess.

Side note...was at Higgins Lake, MI camping and the Spartans/Mich rivalry is almost as bad as OSU and TTUN. Surprised me. Literally, kids on bikes at the state campground biking by a MichSt. flag on a camper yelling "Loser State" and "Spartans suck" with the folks by a campfire just laughing.

Side note...was at Higgins Lake, MI camping and the Spartans/Mich rivalry is almost as bad as OSU and TTUN. Surprised me. Literally, kids on bikes at the state campground biking by a MichSt. flag on a camper yelling "Loser State" and "Spartans suck" with the folks by a campfire just laughing.

The funny thing about this is I was up north quite a bit in the late 70s. I was talking to several people who were big m fans and I asked about msu and they had no idea of what I was talking about..lol

Between free transfer, name-image-likeness, super conferences, expanded playoffs, etc.....College football as we all knew it is dying. There's going to be a ton of change over the next decade, and of course it's all money driven. Unfortunately regular season games won't matter nearly as much, and you can say goodbye to regional conferences. I won't even touch the N-I-L stuff because even the schools don't know what the hell to expect yet. But a lot of the great things that made college football unique are going away.

Whatever they do, I just hope they continue to embrace the traditions and pageantry that make college football so good. I don't want it to feel like a professional sport, a junior NFL. Hopefully they will find a way to have 5 conferences of 16 teams, or at least 4 conferences of 20. I don't ever want to see big time D1 football with anything less than 80 teams.

I blame the ncaa. For years, they and the universities took advantage of the players.

They ignored the fact they were making millions and were a farm team for the nfl, cfl, and what ever other typed of fb was out there.

The courts came in and said FU to all that and opened the spigots to the masses.

This caused nil to appear with no planning and implemented willy-nilly.

What about the o-line blocking for the star or the d-line going after the the big money kids..most will not be compensated. And what about the 2-3 stringers that make the starters better.

Shame on the ncaa !!

Yeah, the NCAA is corrupt and they could/should have seen this day coming and prepared for it a decade ago. Now we are where we are because they kept kicking the can down the road, and there's really no guidelines or legislation at the moment.

College athletics used to be all about the team. Unfortunately, I think we're at the point now where it's "me first" and these kids are only looking out for themselves. Hard to blame them, but it didn't have to be this way. The big schools will still rake in a ton of cash, but it's going to be a lot harder for these coaches. Guys like Ryan Day might just eventually say to hell with it and go coach in the NFL, and I wouldn't blame any of them one bit.

I just can't get on board with the "super conferences" whatsoever. A really good NFL team might go 11-5. Can you imagine a really good college football team with 5 losses? That's where we are heading. Texas will make more money going 5-7 in the SEC than they would going 9-3 in the Big 12. That's fucked.

Wow. Not the responses I expected. I see the competition for the OSU starting QB roll as healthy competition for the starting OSU QB roll. Same as it's always been. This year is just another stacked year.

I don't think much has changed at all. Not yet anyway. I disagree that the o-line blocking for other kids won't be compensated. You get an Orlando Pace on offense or a Bosa on defense and they'll do fine.

College athletics haven't been all about the team in any of our lifetimes. It's largely been about money. Viewership, recruiting, etc...it's all about the bottom line.

Lastly, while I thought the LeBron/Nolan Ryan meme was funny and shared it on FB a week or two ago, not sure how it's relevant here. Am I missing something? Neither sports are college nor football.

More about the “me” attitude many players of any rank have now as opposed to before.

That's misplaced then. There has very much been a "me" attitude in many players of the past. Especially on a professional level.

I still like the meme b/c I like Ryan and lolBron though.

I think it'll be Stroud when it's all said and done. McCord could probably start for half the teams in the country, and Miller is no slouch either. Ewers is way behind, I really don't see him taking any meaningful snaps this year.

One (or two) of these guys will definitely transfer. Good problem to have. I'm not an OSU guy so I'm certainly not "in the know" but McCord might be the best of the bunch IMO.

I think it'll be Stroud when it's all said and done. McCord could probably start for half the teams in the country, and Miller is no slouch either. Ewers is way behind, I really don't see him taking any meaningful snaps this year.

One (or two) of these guys will definitely transfer. Good problem to have. I'm not an OSU guy so I'm certainly not "in the know" but McCord might be the best of the bunch IMO.

Time will tell. Honestly I'm not sure what to think about who at this moment. You're right that it's a good prob to have but last time we had this prob Burrows transferred and, well...

Saw this today.

"Every Ohio State receiver to enter the NFL Draft since 2018 is currently on an active NFL roster."

Noice.

30 DAYS UNTIL BUCKEYE FOOTBALL AND TTUN STILL SUCKS!

Also, you will soon to be able to buy an official Ohio State jersey with your favorite player's name and number on it. We all knew it was coming. Just a recent article on it.

• 3 weeks later...