College Football thread 2021/22

Otis Nice

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strouds stats are deceptive. I’m going on record to say he’s not the right qb. Bad decision making and high throws. Brutal. Not aided by the receivers or play calling but still.

The more I watch him I tend to agree. Sure when he's on the money he has a great arm...but you take Njigba, Wilson and Olave out of the equation and I think he falls flat.

We got out coached and out played, especially on Defense.

Oregon did nothing fantastic, they just played with precision and consistency.

Wow... I really think Stroud could grow and be a decent/good quarterback but someone's gotta tell him he's never gonna make it if he overthrows 70% of his balls. As previously mentioned if we didn't have amazing receivers bailing him out we wouldn't have been in either of these two games.

That being said I really don't think Stroud had a bad game, thats not why we lost. Defense is the #1 and only reason we lost this game. Defense was bad the entire game. What did they come up with in total two? maybe three stops max the entire game? Hell in the second quarter I was just begging for them to stop and get them to kick a field goal and they couldn't even manage that the entire fucking game.

Defense is bad and defensive coaching was not any better. Its a long season prove me long, coach these boys better and coach better and change my mind. But after these two weeks there is nothing else you can say about the defense and defensive coaching. Its bad and not working.

Two tougher opponents than we usually get early for week 1 and 2 for sure but thats no excuse because they both came ready to play.

Strouds stats are deceptive. I’m going on record to say he’s not the right qb. Bad decision making and high throws. Brutal. Not aided by the receivers or play calling but still.

I don't agree or disagree yet. It's been 2 games and he's young/new. Time will tell. He's not the biggest issue though.

I agree we were out coached. That was my BIGGEST take away but also agree there were issues on the field as well.

I agree that the offense needed to produce more, Aaron, but without establishing a run game opposing teams can play around more defending the pass. This also makes it 10 times harder on whoever the QB is.

There is no Zeke, Dobbins, Fields, etc, in the back field and they were dropping guys into coverage the entire game as I recall. They didn't put a LOT of pressure and never really stacked the box.

I dunno. Those are just some of my thoughts. There's a reason I'm watching the game and not coaching it.

Was actually giving Stroud the benefit of the doubt first two weeks. Felt like today was his worst game. Only throw I was really impressed by was to Olave and it was called back from the holding/hands to the face whatever the call was.

Defense looked better for the most part but still gave up a lot of stupid plays and missed assignments. Hard to tell if they improvements were because of changes the stafff & players made or if its just they are looking somewhat better against an inferior team.

Either way not much of an improvement from last week. Gonna be a long season i'm afraid.

Either #17 we have are both a Fresh and Soph. This team is SOOOO young aside from our WR corps and it's not even as deep as usual. Not making excuses at ALL since we just had a Fresh RB set a new single game record, but man, the youth across the entire board certainly shows.

I use to say, "we don't rebuild. We reload." We're "rebuilding" this year apparently. Oof.