College Football thread 2021/22

Otis Nice

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if things keep going the way they are.

So who is the top 4 then? 'Bama is still underwhelming. I think the clear 1 and 2 is UGA and OSU. I think we could see Cincy make the top 4.

I say it will probably be

UGA bama osu ttun then Cincy Nd

Now I could see they put osu at 2 and also see Cincy above ttun but who knows

That's just the AP. The official championship ratings don't come out until tomorrow at 7:00.

I say it will probably be

UGA bama osu ttun then Cincy Nd

I think I was pretty spot on they even had ND jump TTUN thats great

UGA

OSU

BAMA

CINCY

ND ( lol)

TTUN

If by "pretty spot on" you mean you got the first team correct then yes. :lol: We'll see what the real rankings are.

That's just the AP. The official championship ratings don't come out until tomorrow at 7:00.

If by "pretty spot on" you mean you got the first team correct then yes. :lol: We'll see what the real rankings are.

Are you a journalist?? Taking only part off the quote lol

I didn’t think they would have ND jump ttun that is for sure

Playoff Should be...

UGA

OSU

BAMA

CINCY

TTUN

ND

but I'm sure they will stick Bama #2 cause SEC that way they can continue to make their case for two SEC teams in the playoff long as the conference championship game is close. Honestly think thats all they want at this point.

With the Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC basically eliminated unless more crazyness really happens. I mean really the only one out there that might have a shot to sneak into the conversation would be Oklahoma State but I think that take major crazy college football. To much ahead of them.

I honestly think at this point

UGA, BAMA, (EITHER OSU or TTUN) are all nearly locks at this point. There is basically just one slot open whether it Cinci, ND, Maybe OKST.

I mean obviously if any of these teams go lose 2 in a row to end the season that would be crazy but I really don't see any of them doing that.

Playoff Should be...

UGA

OSU

BAMA

CINCY

TTUN

ND

but I'm sure they will stick Bama #2 cause SEC that way they can continue to make their case for two SEC teams in the playoff long as the conference championship game is close. Honestly think thats all they want at this point.

With the Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC basically eliminated unless more crazyness really happens. I mean really the only one out there that might have a shot to sneak into the conversation would be Oklahoma State but I think that take major crazy college football. To much ahead of them.

I honestly think at this point

UGA, BAMA, (EITHER OSU or TTUN) are all nearly locks at this point. There is basically just one slot open whether it Cinci, ND, Maybe OKST.

I mean obviously if any of these teams go lose 2 in a row to end the season that would be crazy but I really don't see any of them doing that.

Ttun will be a 2 loss team after this week

This is interesting. If UGA stomps 'Bama as they should you still say a 2 loss 'Bama is a lock but then say "(EITHER OSU or TTUN)" when they're both 1 loss teams who both lost to a better team than 'Bama has to date and yet wouldn't consider them both a lock.

I mean, if 'Bama has a loss to an inferior team and a playoff team and OSU and TTUN both have losses to superior teams and a playoff team why is 'Bama a "lock" and not OSU AND TTUN?

This is what I don't get. It defies logic. 'Bama doesn't even have a marquee win. I don't get how they're #2 as of last week even. Aside from the mythical preseason AP rankings and the obv desire by those in charge to line their pockets they do not deserve the 2nd spot.

O..didn't you listen to the cfp boys...games don't matter..that's what they had msu below ttun..wtf..why even play then??

As I stated several times bama lost to an unranked team with a 2nd string qb and the games they are winning are struggles against nobodies.

They should be 7 or 8 .

This is interesting. If UGA stomps 'Bama as they should you still say a 2 loss 'Bama is a lock but then say "(EITHER OSU or TTUN)" when they're both 1 loss teams who both lost to a better team than 'Bama has to date and yet wouldn't consider them both a lock.

I mean, if 'Bama has a loss to an inferior team and a playoff team and OSU and TTUN both have losses to superior teams and a playoff team why is 'Bama a "lock" and not OSU AND TTUN?

This is what I don't get. It defies logic. 'Bama doesn't even have a marquee win. I don't get how they're #2 as of last week even. Aside from the mythical preseason AP rankings and the obv desire by those in charge to line their pockets they do not deserve the 2nd spot.

Oh I completely agree, Alabama is ranked so high just because of history and not this years performance. Sorry I didn't make that clear but I think we are on the same page. Alabama SHOULD be ranked lower but they get the history boost.

Right or wrong it is Nick Saban and they have a nack for winning championships haha so I could see the playoff committee's logic right or wrong but I feel that is what they are thinking. And as much as I hate to say it I do believe the average SEC team is better than the vast majority of all of college football teams.

B1G EAST obviously holds their own but look at all the other divisions and conferences and there is a big drop off compared to the SEC.

1) Georgia

2) OSU

3) 'Bama

4) Cincy

5) TTUN

6) ND

Jerrod called it.

Thank you! though that was pretty much guaranteed to be those in the top 6 so it wasn't to hard just the order could have been shuffled.

I will say I think there is a pretty fair chance if things go "as planned" we might see a OSU VS Cincy semi- round which would be really cool being in state.

Reason being I feel like Georgia OR Alabama end up #1 because of schedule & SEC (rolleyes). Then OSU ends up #2 long as they take care of business and Cinci moves up to #3 if they stay undefeated and do it somewhat convincingly. Georgia or Alabama OR THE FIELD gets the 4th slot depending on the SEC Championship game.

I DONT think Ohio State will take the #1 slot in most scenario's just because how strong the SEC is considered. The Winner Alabama or Georgia will be #1 I mean I guess if OSU destroys Michigan than crushes the Conference Championship too and Georgia/Alabama provide lackluster results MAYBE I just doubt it.

Oh I completely agree, Alabama is ranked so high just because of history and not this years performance. Sorry I didn't make that clear but I think we are on the same page. Alabama SHOULD be ranked lower but they get the history boost.

"Historically" meaning the Saban era, yeah, I see that. Between Bryan and Saban you rarely heard much about them as I recall.

And as much as I hate to say it I do believe the average SEC team is better than the vast majority of all of college football teams.

Last 10-15 years? Yeah. That's hard to argue. It COULD be debated but not well. This year though? Oof.

I DONT think Ohio State will take the #1 slot in most scenario's just because how strong the SEC is considered. The Winner Alabama or Georgia will be #1 I mean I guess if OSU destroys Michigan than crushes the Conference Championship too and Georgia/Alabama provide lackluster results MAYBE I just doubt it.

UGA wins out and UGA is #1. That defense is nasty and there is no reason OSU should jump over them.

If 'Bama beats UGA I don't think they should be #1 but I could see that.

OSU vs Cincy would be great to see in either game.

What are the odds we see UGA/'Bama in the conf championship and round 1 of the playoffs?