New to me 1992 Miata base

downingracing

I ran across a deal on this 1992 Miata base 5-speed (no p/s or a/c) with 21k original miles. I trailered it home and gave it a once over to make sure it was good to go. Everything works like it should. All original except for the rims and the radio and the rims need to go. (searching for new rims and can't make up my mind!) I've put about 180 miles on it and man is it fun to drive! No real power but plenty of power for what it is. No a/c is only an issue when sitting at a light (says the bald guy). I have been shocked at the smile this little car puts on my face when I drive it. It needs a little PDR for a few dings but other than that it is in like new condition.

92-Miata-2.jpg

92-Miata-3.jpg

92-Miata-91.jpg

92-Miata-93.jpg

92-Miata-5.jpg

That's pretty remarkable; I wish my 36" inseam would allow me to fit into one...

I can shoehorn my 6'4" 260# ass in there. It ain't pretty getting in and out, but once I'm crammed in - it is awesome. :)

That might be the last one without rusted out rockers that exist. Nice clean pickup.

I don't think you can go wrong with Kosei K1s out just about anything and they are nice and light. I think Enkei RPF1 and PF01s look nice on that type of car too. But, after typing that, I'm seeing I might have a wheel type. ;)

That might be the last one without rusted out rockers that exist. Nice clean pickup.

I don't think you can go wrong with Kosei K1s out just about anything and they are nice and light. I think Enkei RPF1 and PF01s look nice on that type of car too. But, after typing that, I'm seeing I might have a wheel type. ;)

The Kosei K1s are what I keep going back to. (I think I have a wheel type as well) They are out of stock at Tire Rack for another month or two so I have time to figure out if I want to go that way. Was kicking around the idea of getting the stock steel wheels, but just don't think I can do it.

BAT.....

Yea... If I was going to sell it, I would go that way. But the car is just so much fun to drive and is in such awesome condition that I think I would regret selling it. Of course everything is for sale for the right price but I think the number it would take is well above what the car would bring (which is a good thing).