Post-COVID fun car for sub-$6k?

zeitgeist57

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this era of S197 Mustang is a *little* more refined as it was developed when Ford owned Jag and they came out with the Lincoln LS. Don't ever see anyone modding/tracking them from a good performance standpoint...though the Shelby GT500 is a scorcher.

I have a 2006 as my track car. Gutted and caged, with full suspension. The chassis is really good, same from 05-14. Motor sounds great just not overly fast. The coyote cars made these largely irrelevant, but they have a great spec iron class for 3v cars. You also just get to worry about mods and maintenance vs chassis stiffening and rust.

I have aftermarket springs, konis, a full black interior that Id sell cheap also.

I have a 2006 as my track car. Gutted and caged, with full suspension. The chassis is really good, same from 05-14. Motor sounds great just not overly fast. The coyote cars made these largely irrelevant, but they have a great spec iron class for 3v cars. You also just get to worry about mods and maintenance vs chassis stiffening and rust.

I have aftermarket springs, konis, a full black interior that Id sell cheap also.

Very cool! I didn’t know you had that. Would love to see pics sometime.

My opinion has been shifted to SN95 with on3 turbo kit.

Doing that pricing/build currently their sn95 kit by time you add in the stuff to make it complete is about 3k.. would take a beat car to fit under the 6k cap. I'll be in 11/12k before I get done.

Lets talk more about a 944........

No

+1

Trash cars, that need a motor swap to be interesting. Also they are appreciating for some reason.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would look at a 944 when 928's exist? they are so close in price and upkeep and the 928 is a way better car (v8, rwd, backseat, and squashed ACM pacer styling)

+1

Trash cars, that need a motor swap to be interesting. Also they are appreciating for some reason.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would look at a 944 when 928's exist? they are so close in price and upkeep and the 928 is a way better car (v8, rwd, backseat, and squashed ACM pacer styling)

944's look good, one of the very few good looking Porsche's ever built. ;)

Everything should be LS swapped anyway.

I'm not well versed enough in Porshuh's to discuss them much but appearance wise 944 > 928. I know you'll say something something I had bad taste blah blah red interiors are the tits etc. etc. but dems da fax...IMO.

Ever drove an NA 996 or 997? They need more power to loo, but if you buying that, you buying 1) Looks 2) Handling 3) Clout. IMO.

Looks-wise, I find the 944 much more attractive.

infiniti j30. all the nissan 240 suspension options work, comes with the strong diff 240 guys swap too, and don't have to pay the drift tax. 2k for a solid running car without crazy miles. pre-warning the car is as ugly or worse than the 928.