2021 Bronco Sport is Ready for Winter

TTQ B4U

This super nice 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend Trim in Carbonized Gray Metallic came to me Howard here on CR. Having brought their first child into the world means needing more room and a nicer ride to haul all that comes with little ones and the goal is to continue to do it in style.

The approach here was pretty simple. Protect it and allow for ease of cleaning day-forward. This meant a nice 18-24 month Ceramic Coating and given the cladding that abounds here, a dual-layer protective treatment with Trim Specific Coating as the base with a layer on top to help protect it even more. Now the entire lower half of this vehicle will stay dark, satin, and shed bugs off the front with much greater ease.

Given Howard has returned with yet another vehicle, this is my way of thanking him but more importantly, congratulating them both. This package also included the wheels faces polished and coated with a wheel specific Ceramic and all the glass was stripped of new car muck, polished and coated as well. All combined won't change the aerodynamics but it will cut down on cleanings, make them a lot easier and help keep the vehicle looking fresh and new for quite a while.

Lastly, several parts of the paint, and especially the gloss black trim was riddled with swirls and scratches, thus I corrected all those areas and got it restored to the brand new flaw-free condition it should have been since day one.

Thanks again Howard Williams and I look forward to your reaction to seeing it in person once the roads clear. Until then she will stay dry in the garage as shown.

Starting off with a little before and AFTER with the swirls that were located in the rear quarter panel trim.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

swirl marks on a brand new car? WTH?

Car looks great! I know these "bronco sports" get a lot of hate because they are on the same C2 platform as the Escape and Focus, and are not body on frame like the bigger bronco, but I'm actually a fan. They are all AWD (no FWD variant) and the badlands 2.0 ecoboost makes 245hp and 275 ft/lbs. Everyone I've spoken to that owns one loves it so far.

swirl marks on a brand new car? WTH?

Yep. It's not a huge issue with ones I've seen but a lot of details post up some nasty stuff. Where I see it most is ones that were on the showroom floor and are dusted off. This one specifically looked to have damage on the gloss black plastic trim on the sides. Was clear it was not factory though, so my guess is the dealer prep did it. Fixed now though.

Car looks great! I know these "bronco sports" get a lot of hate because they are on the same C2 platform as the Escape and Focus, and are not body on frame like the bigger bronco, but I'm actually a fan. They are all AWD (no FWD variant) and the badlands 2.0 ecoboost makes 245hp and 275 ft/lbs. Everyone I've spoken to that owns one loves it so far.

Agree. Haven't really looked at them or even this one in detail, but for what I have seen they seem pretty solid. This one has the Turbo 3 cyl motor. I have no idea what it drives like other than turning it around in my driveway but it can't be far off from a 11yr old CR-V :)

The only drawback I see from the design is the windshield cowling. It's DEEP and will hold a mega ton of wet snow if left outside and the wipers are 75% buried in there with no sign of a defroster there. I can barely get my hands in there too. Time will tell.

The only drawback I see from the design is the windshield cowling. It's DEEP and will hold a mega ton of wet snow if left outside and the wipers are 75% buried in there with no sign of a defroster there. I can barely get my hands in there too. Time will tell.

Never buy a 1st year model. ;)