What is money?

Forrest Gump 9

Have you ever wonder, what is money?

We work for money, right?

So if you work and do not get pay you’re a ____?

If you work and earn 100% of what worth, you’re a _____?

1. Yes, I work for money, sugar coat it all you like, but that's why we are all here.

2. Volunteer?

3. contributing member of society

what is money?

It's a made up thing. Or rather it is the physical representation of the intangible concepts of credit and value as a means of facilitating exchange.

It's greatest utility is in making it easier, cleaner, and knife free way to give change of a pig in the purchase of 5 chickens.

We work for money, right?

Maybe but not really. We work for Value, sometimes in the form of credit, sometimes in the form of security, sometimes as means to facilitating personal growth and expansion, etc....Whatever the reason Money is a physical representation of quantifying that value. As value is personal to the individual, so is the denomination of money that person thinks their underlying reason is worth.

So if you work and do not get pay you’re a ____?

Human Being

If you work and earn 100% of what worth, you’re a _____?

Still a Human being.

:grin2:

Human Being

:lolguy:

I was going for we are somewhere in between

Work and don’t get pay you’re a slave

Work and keep 100% you’re a sovereign

Now day with all the taxations and rampant money printing we’re more closer to being slavery again. That’s all

e74a76707d5bec44c36f4f276e72fb5c--snek-excuse-me.jpg

I was going for we are somewhere in between

Work and don’t get pay you’re a slave

Work and keep 100% you’re a sovereign

Now day with all the taxations and rampant money printing we’re more closer to being slavery again. That’s all

Re: Slave and Slavery

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

Seriously, in the context of the American economy where ACTUAL slaves were a part of that economy for 246 years, some money printing and wage fluctuation isn't going to lead back to bonded servitude and subhuman status.

I'm sure this slave/sovereign thing sounded witty when you first heard it but, it's a pretty flawed empty platitude trying to passing itself off as clever analogy but crumbling at anything more than a passing glance.

We're slaves to the banks. I broke away and I'm happier and richer than ever, I just don't owe the bank and the result of that is that I seem to live beneath others. Sometimes I run into those who point it out, sometimes I run into those who wish they had the balls to do it however they are afraid of those other people's opinions.

We're slaves to the banks.

I’ll remember that the next time the bank is whipping me for bouncing a check or deciding that raping my wife or kid is ok because I bought a house with their loaned money.

Also, I’m pretty sure that the worlds collective billionaires don’t have Scrooge McDuck style money bins to hold all their gold.

I’ll remember that the next time the bank is whipping me for bouncing a check or deciding that raping my wife or kid is ok because I bought a house with their loaned money.

Also, I’m pretty sure that the worlds collective billionaires don’t have Scrooge McDuck style money bins to hold all their gold.

Lame 🙄

Agreed. How do we mute people on here? That guy is simply toxic.

I'm toxic because a bunch of middle class dudes misuse the word slavery when talking about a system built on actual slavery further diluting its significance? hardly man. Words have meaning.

I'm sorry that my comments made you face your privilege man and that you didn't like what you saw, but that's not a me problem that's a you problem.

I broke away and I'm happier and richer than ever, I just don't owe the bank and the result of that is that I seem to live beneath others. Sometimes I run into those who point it out, sometimes I run into those who wish they had the balls to do it however they are afraid of those other people's opinions.

No great fortune was built in this country without credit, banking, and lending. Its a tool just like any other, and as such is it prone to be misused.

For some self financing works, it may not work for all. It certainly has its advantages and drawbacks, but the advantages aren't widespread enough to declare universally that anybody with a credit card or a car loan is forever suffering in indentured servitude.

I will say that a large portion of the population does misuse credit or at the very least overextend themselves credit wise to the point that it financially hurts them. This isn't a "bank" problem, this is an education problem. Not enough people are graduating high school with a basic understanding of how to budget, how to evaluate credit, or even how to to basic accounting let alone what their rights actually are in the financial system as consumers. Knowledge asymmetry is how large institutions leverage things in their favor against consumer and even smaller institutions.

Can something be done? sure it can, but it requires you to vote for candidates that favor education. If you are a professional in the field (like I am) you can donate your time to free programs for people who don't have access to financial professionals to guide them. You can teach your kids basic accounting and about credit, how it works, and the positives and negatives.

When has it NOT been that? You could post in the 20 years thread about epic rap battles on CR. :lol:

You're hangry. Have a Snickers. ;)

Naa I'm good. I'm too fat for a snickers.

So basically epic rap battles for the past 20 years has turned into Political views.

Scroll down to the very bottom and click on "remember when". Not calling anyone out. I just clicked one of the first few and this was there http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101019

shrug.whatever.gif

So basically epic rap battles for the past 20 years has turned into Political views.

There's ALWAYS been differing views here of ALL types is what I was getting at.

Scroll down to the very bottom and click on "remember when". Not calling anyone out. I just clicked one of the first few and this was there http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101019

shrug.whatever.gif

Ahhhh...the good ol' days.

fabe83b2-f3b6-4379-88bf-f330305dcb66_text.gif

:lolguy: