It's a Girl! No guessing

snot

ABS will be different for me. But I am happy with her. The red was the wrong red and 6 weeks out. They had tye naked 500 red and abs, almost bought it. Same with the 4RR. I had so many choices, and really had a hard time deciding. 

More road vs track and distance riding is why the 500. Got the clothed version for aerodynamics on tue highway.

16 minutes ago, snot said:

ABS will be different for me.

You won't notice a thing during your normal riding. But you should teach yourself that in an emergency braking situation you now grab both brakes as hard as you can.

Practice it one day on a dry road. Straight line super hard braking stop. You will be amazed how fast it stops.

• Beer 1

Very nice bike. I sold my Z1K and have some add-on that might work with your new sport touring ride.

Check out this pass/seat rack and soft bags that might work.

Z1K seat rack.JPG

100_0622.JPG

Z1K Soft Bags.JPG

SW Motech Pro Blazw bags.jpg

Gel Seat instl..JPG

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, snot said:

I pick her up in a week, suspension to be worked on.

Sweet!  The 500 looks like a fun bike.  

OOC, why are you working on the suspension?

I had a 400 and rode the crap out of it on a 3 day WV ride.  The stock suspension was actually fine, even carrying a few days worth of gear.

• Upvote 1

I am having the dealer adjust it to me. Since I am short it s a challenge to not raise the bike or make it to stiff

I had everything to pick from... Red ABS SE nakkid; black and red non abs, 40th anniversary with abs and the love of my life the ZX4RR..

I just could not justify buying the 4RR right now. It was really hard to make a choice. The red was the wrong red. 

On 5/2/2024 at 7:44 PM, B-Mac said:

Very nice bike. I sold my Z1K and have some add-on that might work with your new sport touring ride.

Check out this pass/seat rack and soft bags that might work.

Z1K seat rack.JPG

100_0622.JPG

Z1K Soft Bags.JPG

SW Motech Pro Blazw bags.jpg

Gel Seat instl..JPG

I will need to see when I bring her home.

A little disappointed that you didn't go with the 400 but am absolutely sure you made the correct choice. With the 400 price and narrow focus it needs to be a side chic not your main squeeze. 

Congratulations! Nothing like a new bike to distract you for hours even when you aren't riding.

LOVE that colorway!!!

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

A little disappointed that you didn't go with the 400 but am absolutely sure you made the correct choice. With the 400 price and narrow focus it needs to be a side chic not your main squeeze. 

Congratulations! Nothing like a new bike to distract you for hours even when you aren't riding.

LOVE that colorway!!!

I have had my eye on the 4rr for 2 years. I saved and could have paid cash for her (just limited upgrades and break the bank). With losing a kidney last summer it is not reasonable for me to push limits or truck for a few more years. Internal healing will take some extra time. I do want that bike, but just cant justify it right now. It was really hard to walk away from it, especially with it staring at me as I sat on the 500.

I have zero plans to keep the 500 for 11 years like I did the 300, and I still have a midlife crisis to go through. 

If I could have 2 bikes, it would be in my garage too.

• Like 1

No doubt you made the correct choice.

Sorry to hear about a kidney loss. That certainly had to have been a worrisome time, glad to hear that you are still able to enjoy life with a new bike on the other side.

I did my midlife crisis 15 years ago. Make sure you don't leave anything on the table when you go through yours. It gets harder to do what you think you can do as you get older. 

• Beer 1