FOR SALE: 2016 BMW R1200RS - $9,000

Pauly

14,500 miles. Service Current. 

All the switches and gadgets. Ride Modes, ABS, Traction Control, Shift-Assist Pro, Heated Grips, Keyless Ignition, Cruise Control, Dynamic ESA w/ Electronic Preload and Damping, TPMS, Garmin Nav V, BMW Panniers.

Upgrades:

Wunderlich Comfort Bar

Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust

Clearwater Darla Aux Lights & Brake Light

Moto-Mate GPS Relocation Bracket

Sargent Saddle

Kathy Designs Pannier Bags

Givi Tail Bag

Puig Touring Windscreen

MachineArt Moto Engine Guards

2 BMW 12v Sockets

BMW 328i Horn (Loud!)

New Continental Sport Attack 4 Installed Last Fall. 

Factory Bars, Windscreen, Exhaust, Seat come with the bike. 

This is a well-sorted machine. Panniers are a little banged up from previous owner, but just cosmetic. I bought this July 2022 w/ 5200 miles on it from BMW of Detroit. This bike is unbelievably good, but my motorcycle path has come to a cross road. 

I'm open to offers, but farkles get removed during negotiations. 

20240309_200859.jpg

20230616_195203.jpg

20230730_073729.jpg

20220813_143815.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Like 2

Believe me when I say I don't want to sell this bike, but owning three touring bikes doesn't fit into my end game. Pretty sure the Goldwing is here for a while as our 2-up mount. Now that Isaac has moved back to New England, I needed a bike to do the 700 mile highway days on either end of the weekend twisty riding I'll do chasing him in his pocket racer. The RS is great for twisties and quite good on the highway, but not "Paul is Goldwing spoiled" good on the highway. 

Pauly:  Cross posted your sale to a couple of the FB MC forums I belong to (Greater Cincinnati BMW, MSTA).  Hate to see you sell this beauty.  Best sport tour motorcycle ever built!

After I was taken out on my '16 RS by the bozo driver back in '22, I drove all the way to St Louis to buy its replacement.  Hope I don't have to sell it until I'm in the dirt.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Pauly:  Cross posted your sale to a couple of the FB MC forums I belong to (Greater Cincinnati BMW, MSTA).  Hate to see you sell this beauty.  Best sport tour motorcycle ever built!

After I was taken out on my '16 RS by the bozo driver back in '22, I drove all the way to St Louis to buy its replacement.  Hope I don't have to sell it until I'm in the dirt.

Thanks, Bubba. I appreciate the assist. Like I said, I hate to sell it.. but I'm feeling slightly gluttonous at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Pauly changed the title to FOR SALE: 2016 BMW R1200RS - $9,000

I have probably watched every RT video on youtube. While I was waiting for this new bike come in and not knowing when it was coming I was determined to be riding by May this year. The dealers didn't have a delivery date so I started looking for what else was interesting. That list was the Ducati V4 Rally or the RT. Sills had a used 2020 that was sold by the time I got a chance to go ride it.