Mr. & Mrs. Durk Ozark trip

durk

I remember that ferry. We didn't know it was there. We came from the north and crested a hill and saw it. For some reason we got really excited and giggled the whole ride across.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

I remember that ferry. We didn't know it was there. We came from the north and crested a hill and saw it. For some reason we got really excited and giggled the whole ride across.

I was excited to take it. Phone kept trying to route me around it. Actually made a u-turn to go back and make sure we took it. 

Posted (edited)

Ran some more good roads today from Russellville Arkansas to Poplar Bluff Missouri. Word of advice don’t stop in Poplar Bluff. Place is a hole. Meth heads everywhere. Pulled the first double yellow pass with her on board. Her only concern as she came on the intercom quick like was “hey was that a cop behind us”. My response “I hope not I didn’t see that SUV until mid pass”. Hit about 30 minutes of a downpour on our way to hotel. Had about an hour to dry out a bit before we actually made it to the hotel. Little over 500 miles today. Homeward bound tomorrow. 

Edited by durk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's been years since I've been to Arkansas an Missouri, when I was there I was following so I don't remember the routes well. I do remember really liking the Eureka Springs area in Arkansas and riding around in the Mark Twain National Forest.

Hope you two enjoyed yourselves.

• Upvote 1

5 days, 2500 miles, 6 states, about 45 hours of seat time on a 21 year old Goldwing to celebrate 25 years of marriage. Good times had by all. I would tell you the seat on that Goldwing is nice but my butt is still sore come the end of the day. 

• Upvote 2