parents who ride...

socaln8tv

ninjanick= im the same way with the texting thing when dh is in southeast ohio for the day doing who knows what on god knows what road.... and there are many to choose from i know. I just ask for a simple "im on my way home" and im happy!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride with my daughter all the time since she was 4. I strap her along with me with a velcro belt (walmart used by the weight lifters). She wears full gear and full face helmet as well. I think magley saw her behind me in one bike night ride last year.

I know a parent who took the permit test and failed it.

They passed the second time.

They took the rider's safety course, wrecked like 4 or 5 times. Hell, they high-sided a 250 rebel!

Then they want me to help them to find a bike to ride.

I'm not helping...I'm highly discouraging them from riding. Their kid is more important and I don't want their injuries/death on my conscious.

When I was a stepdad and crashed, my wife was like "Why are you trying to make me a widow?" - now, she hated me riding anyway. I didn't ride for a long time after the accident (very minor BTW, just an owie on the knee) but once riding is in your blood, that's it. My life and things I do will not be dictated by fear.

I'm in no hurry to die on a bike, but I'm also not in a big hurry to die by not living this one life I've been granted!

bikes a bike.. just enjoy riding..

hoblick -- thats all i want to do! i like to use skiing as an analogy: ive never been a black diamond sort of girl, and the bunny slope puts me to sleep. I'll do a few rounds thru the moguls and love it but at the end of the day, I just want to go fast down the intermediate runs, and be upright to get back on the ski lift at the bottom.

I have both a sport bike and an cruiser. Two totally different but equally fun feels. Which one I ride is dependent on my mood. It's like giving yourself the best of both worlds. I'd also like to add an atv to the collection one day too. It was always fun to go out in the country and to four wheeling. Mark and I are kind of the same with cars. We have the all purpose truck, the commuter car, the sedan, the supercharged sports car, and even an old ass hooptie. We've joked about getting matching exotic cars if we end up not having kids. :D

sonava -- you mentioned you had one of each. thats sort of our situation. i want so badly to learn to ride the sportsbike comfortably, and ive had a pretty good taste of the power behind the vtr. my bike is a starter but def. cruiser. i like my feet planted, and i have tendonitis so its more friendly on my wrists.. my question is thou -- when you and dh ride together, do you agree which bike to ride? and how compatible are your riding styles on dif. bikes? so far, dh is being very VERY patient!!! lol:o

I know a parent who took the permit test and failed it.

They passed the second time.

They took the rider's safety course, wrecked like 4 or 5 times. Hell, they high-sided a 250 rebel!

Then they want me to help them to find a bike to ride.

I'm not helping...I'm highly discouraging them from riding. Their kid is more important and I don't want their injuries/death on my conscious.

My Aunt recently wanted to take up riding last year. During the MSF course on a Rebel250, she slammed into the building wall and broke her foot. She decided that riding wasn't in her skills. Some people just don't have the required skills to be on 2 wheels or any piece of machinery. Simple fact that some refuse to realize. I'm just glad my Aunt was smart enough to realize that. She tried though.

just curious.. why is fucking ghey pc but crotchrocket isnt... im just sayin..

Because it's not directed towards a specific object. It has many meanings.

Also, I thought dh was your husbands name, but from your last post I realize it isn't. What does "dh" mean?

Close...

The greatest word in the English language is 'Cunt'. No other word possess the power to completely shut down a room full of bitching' date=' loud mouthed women.

:cool:[/quote']

... is this the way you guys "break in" so to speak all newbies on here!! lol :)

i get it... this is how i envision my latest interview as secretary for a plumbing supply company

I don't have that problem. I have bigger ones... like trying to catch my wife. I wish I could text her and tell her to let me win once in a while. :(

you guys sure must have alot of fun together. i cant imagine being faster than dh!