Bike Deal Fell Through...Suggestions Please

Sara_Rides

Holy sh*t! Has anyone else noticed this girl's been on for like 3 days and already has 150 posts!?

Post Whores beware!! :D

This is not the first time I've been called a post-whore...lol I'm just excited to be here---is it bad that I have a bunch of posts? I'm learning a ton by posting and I'm meeting some really great people!! Don't be hatin'!! lol

FocusDave didn't tell you about this board did he? Can you post pics of the bike you were going to buy but didn't in a different thread please? And any research done on other bikes you are looking at, attempting to buy or not, need to be posted in different threads as well.

duel sport gladius 650? wth? Why can't Honda make something like that. In boy colors, of course...

I'm digging the girls colors...lol...it's next best thing to having a pink bike...which I will at some point it time...just you wait...I might be able to get the KLR225 which is teal and purple...you'll definately see me coming!!

YAY!!

I'm digging the girls colors...lol...it's next best thing to having a pink bike...which I will at some point it time...just you wait...I might be able to get the KLR225 which is teal and purple...you'll definately see me coming!!

YAY!!

It's a KLR250, the Yamaha was a 225. women... :rolleyes:

Sorry I tripped over this thread a bit late, I knew where there was a really nice KLX250S that would have been perfect for ya, but it sold yesterday.

Good on ya for going the dual-sport route, too! With a DS bike, you can ride with anyone, anywhere. They're easier to maintain, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to insure, good on gas, hold their value, and chicks look cool on them. What's not to like?

Here's a bike that might work for ya:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1171011426.html

Needs plated & a DS kit, but the price is right.

Sorry I tripped over this thread a bit late, I knew where there was a really nice KLX250S that would have been perfect for ya, but it sold yesterday.

Good on ya for going the dual-sport route, too! With a DS bike, you can ride with anyone, anywhere. They're easier to maintain, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to insure, good on gas, hold their value, and chicks look cool on them. What's not to like?

Here's a bike that might work for ya:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1171011426.html

Needs plated & a DS kit, but the price is right.

Hey, Thanks for posting! No such thing as being last seeing as how I still don't have a bike...kudos to you for supporting the dual sport decision...I agree with everything you said about them...especially the part about chicks looking cool on them ;) but I look cool on anything! LOL Thanks for the craigslist option, I really do appreciate that so many of y'all are so actively helping...very much appreciated!!

Hey, Thanks for posting! No such thing as being last seeing as how I still don't have a bike...kudos to you for supporting the dual sport decision...I agree with everything you said about them...especially the part about chicks looking cool on them ;) but I look cool on anything! LOL Thanks for the craigslist option, I really do appreciate that so many of y'all are so actively helping...very much appreciated!!

No problem...glad to help.

Another good bike to keep an eye out for is the TTR250, they're not super common as they quit them in 2006 and were often confused with the heavier and slower 230, but they're a great little bike. I have one, and it's the perfect bike for a new or smaller rider. They have a 6th gear, front & rear disks, air-cooled simplicity and have a decent suspension that will take you anywhere.

Unfortunately, they don't come with the factory lights/signals, but you can get a kit to do that (that's what I did) and the TTR250 came with road-titles so making it legal is a snap.

I found mine mint for $1500 and I've seen them around for cheap.

If you wanna do some dual-sport rides, the guys on ADV are always brewing up some good ones for new riders with an emphasis on fun without being too gnarly or technical....just lemme know when you're on two wheels!

No problem...glad to help.

Another good bike to keep an eye out for is the TTR250, they're not super common as they quit them in 2006 and were often confused with the heavier and slower 230, but they're a great little bike. I have one, and it's the perfect bike for a new or smaller rider. They have a 6th gear, front & rear disks, air-cooled simplicity and have a decent suspension that will take you anywhere.

Unfortunately, they don't come with the factory lights/signals, but you can get a kit to do that (that's what I did) and the TTR250 came with road-titles so making it legal is a snap.

I found mine mint for $1500 and I've seen them around for cheap.

If you wanna do some dual-sport rides, the guys on ADV are always brewing up some good ones for new riders with an emphasis on fun without being too gnarly or technical....just lemme know when you're on two wheels!

Definately...thanks!! I have the TTR125 now, so going to a 250 wouldn't be a big deal and I'm all about doing work on my own bike, so that could definately be a possibility. :) I joined adv rider too my username is DirtyGirlRider, but I haven't figured out how or where to post on there yet....I definately want to do some serious dual sport rides...which is precisely why I want to get a dual sport before I get my sport bike...you have been very informative and helpful!!

I just threw up in my mouth a little. :(

+1

wha???? :wtf: where? You sure you weren't drunk while you were lookin? the guys around here look like defective cabbage patch kids with a severe case of leprosy....:D

:lol: moose, you rock.

Definately...thanks!! I have the TTR125 now, so going to a 250 wouldn't be a big deal and I'm all about doing work on my own bike, so that could definately be a possibility. :) I joined adv rider too my username is DirtyGirlRider, but I haven't figured out how or where to post on there yet....I definately want to do some serious dual sport rides...which is precisely why I want to get a dual sport before I get my sport bike...you have been very informative and helpful!!

The "Regional" section of ADV has a Central forum, in there are several Ohio threads...the "Adventures in Ohio" seems to be the hub where 90% of the locals hang out...it's where most people introduce themselves.