OMG I Just Went On My FIRST Ride!!!

Sara_Rides

:D Okay, I just went out by MYSELF....ALONE and rode my bike...ALONE all the way (a whole mile...lol) to the gas station!! I didn't crash once, and I jumped two curbs (not necessarily on purpose)!!!! I kick started it all by myself, used all the techniques I've learned....and had a blast!! I just wanted to share...because it was amazing!! I'm actually pretty proud of myself right now...and now I'm ready to go get my permit tomorrow....(yea, I wasn't exactly technically legally allowed to do what I did, but I never went on a major road) I'll be riding to a bike night yet!!!

Ok, tell the truth, is this FocusDave under a new name? :eek:

JRMMiii told him that this isn't Twitter.

I just drank a glass of water. Oops, I just did it too. :D

Hey Nick....no no......I know you JK but still always give two thumbs up to newer riders/users..........and :flingpoo: to people like me :D

Great Job Sara

:D Okay, I just went out by MYSELF....ALONE and rode my bike...ALONE all the way (a whole mile...lol) to the gas station!! I didn't crash once, and I jumped two curbs (not necessarily on purpose)!!!! I kick started it all by myself, used all the techniques I've learned....and had a blast!! I just wanted to share...because it was amazing!! I'm actually pretty proud of myself right now...and now I'm ready to go get my permit tomorrow....(yea, I wasn't exactly technically legally allowed to do what I did, but I never went on a major road) I'll be riding to a bike night yet!!!

isnt that an exciting gesture, to go out without a partner on your own? i was riding my dirtbike on my own yesterday for a little bit. sometimes i wish she was dual sport like yours bc motox bikes have a whole dif. spirit of freedom, or maybe i just feel that way cause ive been riding so long and dont have any hang ups -- lets just say i wont be taking any curbs on my virago or the superhawk! congrats sara! have you any interest in supermoto? i know they have conversion kits, so on and so forth, but id rather put my money somewhere else. tech, i could convert to supermoto/and for sure dual sport. anyhoo, were i not doing a spa event working tonite, id invite you over to luckys in marysville where a friend of mine is the bass guitarist for Station Break -- the band playing tonite... if you do want to meet, i'll be at bennys next saturday the 13th with a group of my girl-friend clients if you're in the area! it will be my last sort of send off of the summer as i'll be on a month long road trip with three kids and a dog. yes. that is correct. and im completely sane too.

Ok, tell the truth, is this FocusDave under a new name? :eek:

JRMMiii told him that this isn't Twitter.

I just drank a glass of water. Oops, I just did it too. :D

When I saw the title, I thought the same thing... you kids with your double standards :rolleyes::lol:

Good luck though! If you haven't already, practice in a parking lot (where you don't have some many curbs :D )!!!

When I saw the title, I thought the same thing... you kids with your double standards :rolleyes::lol:

Good luck though! If you haven't already, practice in a parking lot (where you don't have some many curbs :D )!!!

hey i hate on everyone equally

I was under the impression that threads like mine were the purpose of a motorcycle forum....was I incorrect? Is this ^^not something that is appropriate to post?

I don't have a whole lot of friends who would understand the thrill of riding....I came here thinking "at least these folks will understand"

Being new, I suppose I'm still not familiar with what is acceptable posting material...I thought posting about rides was well within the realm of 'acceptable'....if I'm wrong and no one really cares to read about it, let me know...

P.S. Thanks for the rep Nick!

no....you are good.....we like to hear the excitement.....as you get to know the people more.....get ready to get flamed.......it's all in a friendly way....don't take things seriously.....as you can laugh at others it is the best to join others laughing at you sometimes.....

as people laugh at me all the time...when I go in a nonsense posting spree after a few shotz latenight.......:cheers:

Trust me its not much fun the other way around Ive been there. I dont wish that on my worst enemy!

I don't know once you do it enough it kind of doesn't bother you...

Yep you'll find sometimes you want to ride with someone and others you want everyone to GTFO...

Just keep having fun.

You're right on track, Sara. Your experience is what it is all about. Everybody else has forgotten how intense that first ride on a new bike was. Either that or they want to forget, ha.