Ride Sat. 6/20. 78-536

ousley99

Ok Folks, you want it, you got it.

Next Saturday, the 20th, I will lead a group from Columbus to the River and Back.

We will leave Columbus and head east to 78 and ride 78 all the way down to 536. Ride 536 down to the River so you can see the road and figure out where the gravel spots and hard turns are, then ride it backwards back to 78 for some real fun. Depending on the time we can either take a back way back to Columbus, or ride the highway which took me 2 hours in my car last Saturday with a trailer.

The trip down there will take about 4 hours plus, plus rest stops, food, etc. This will be an entire day trip so plan on it.

Anyone from north of Columbus is more than welcome to stay at my house Friday night and Saturday if you dont feel like riding home after all that. I have plenty of room.

I don't need alternate route suggestions, I know there are hundreds of great roads in the area. This is a trip specificly for these roads. I'll make a map for you guys, but theres really only 3 roads soo...

Meeting place is SkyLine off of Brice road and 70 on the east side. 9am. Leave at 9:30am Sharp.

I better see you guys here that are all talking about wanting to ride this road!

ANNNNND GEMMMMMMMMAAAAA ;)

pm me for directions to my house if you wanna crash

Here is a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=108313114231842932016.00046c8e4b271dbf64d9d&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.689752,-80.929413&spn=0.399984,0.615234&z=11

Stops are marked on the map for gas and food etc

Edited by ousley99

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may join up with either at your meeting place or perhaps on 78. I can kinda cut the corner and save some time from mansfield.

We can come up w another meeting spot on the north side of 78 if you need. Maybe nelsonville?

Wait.. this is NEXT Saturday? :mad:

I'm riding to WV and back on the 21st. I'm riding with my peeps to hang with Steph. Shit.. hmmm.. I'll do my best but you guys will always be second in my heart next to Stephanie. I want to make sure I am not tired from all that schooling I'm going to get from ya'll. :cool:

Cmon sissy, I'm going to probably make both rides and I'm just a little OR scamp :cool:

Dude' date=' we're talking almost 1000 miles in two days. Not saying it can't be done or that I haven't done it but I'm getting old. :cool:[/quote']

Haha I know, I'm just giving ya shit :p I'm going to try to make both of em...if I wake up Sunday morning and my ass says no more seat time then I'll call it quits for the time being.

Sunday's going to be the better ride. ;)

Eh won't know unless I do em both right? Plus, it's a bit too far out to really make a sound call on the weather for either day...it's not a bad idea to hedge my bets. Though if I had to pick I'd probably do the other one simply because I want to leave 'unknown newbie' status asap on CORE :)

Def not riding that in the rain so lets hope for good weather.

madcat: this is a lonnng ride. prob take 8 hours round trip, so its up to u if u want to risk not having the license???

and yes you were called out! roflmao

yeah, nothing quite like trying to chase down kent burn up 536 on his busa. what's even better is chasing the busa chasing down a EX250 being ridden faster than holy hell.

kent is a baller. a baller like solid snake.

Hey' date=' don't lump me in with those fucking Martians. Dragging knee and sliding the rear on the street ain't my thang, yo. :cool: Those guys are fucking nuts... you included.[/quote']

Lmao!

I hope to have a suit w some damn pucks for this trip

Kent was asking me' date=' I believe. We're tight, yo! :cool:[/quote']

My bad..hard to keep up on here w a damn blackberry! U guys post 3x before it finishes loading! Its like riding a bigwheel to a spotbike event! Lol