Patio question.

mrbret

Anyone install or know someone who does patio's?

Looking for an idea off cost of a 10'x20' poured concrete one.

well, there are factors to consider.... how much of the work do you want to do yourself, do you want to be able to park vehicles on it, and what kind of duration do you want from it... prolly looking at between 800-1200 depending on those variables...

Moose.. you do concrete?

I have finished concrete and formed/ poured a few pads in my time... even did steps once... not my favorite... but yeah it isn't that complicated, and I have the finishing tools for it... my specialty is finish carpentry though... why you need some concrete at your new shop??

If you end up doing a lot of the prep work yourself I have a surveying laser and receiver to help get the forms level. I actually have never used it, but would always be interested in figuring it out.

Sounds like it'd be an interesting weekend project though.

Bret I was gonna do a concrete patio in my back yard and chewed on that idea for about 5 years. Then I didn't want the regular color of concrete. Sooo I thought about stamped concrete. Yikes the cost was about $4500 for a 10 by 12 patio. Then I thought about pavers...same cost. My brother and cousin just installed a wood deck on the back of my house. It's really low to the ground...hence the reasoning for wanting a concrete patio vs. deck. Now that I have the finished product I do have to admit that I'm glad I went with the wood vs. concrete (although concrete will last MUCh longer). IF you decide to go with wood 88 lumber in pataskala had the lowest price by far. I got 4 quotes (carters, lowes, home depot, 88). Materials for my 16 by 20 was only $1200....it will be less for you if you want a 10x20. And of course I had family do my deck so the labor was pretty inexpensive too. After watching it installed I do have to admit it doesn't look that hard MINUS that freakin hydraulic auger! Pataskala has TONS of clay in the ground and it took us almost 8 hours just to dig 9 holes! Yikes. Either way good luck. :D

If you end up doing a lot of the prep work yourself I have a surveying laser and receiver to help get the forms level. I actually have never used it, but would always be interested in figuring it out.

Sounds like it'd be an interesting weekend project though.

I'm trained in how to use that stuff, let me know if you want to fuck around with it sometime.

I just got it for a really good deal from my company we're liquidating our remaining stock and had an employee buy program...

Here's what I've got...

Spectra Precision Laser LL200

CampusRacer I might actually take you up on that sometime just so I know how to use it. I can see it being extremely useful at some point in my life, considering I've got a helluva long time to live still...

I just got it for a really good deal from my company we're liquidating our remaining stock and had an employee buy program...

Here's what I've got...

Spectra Precision Laser LL200

CampusRacer I might actually take you up on that sometime just so I know how to use it. I can see it being extremely useful at some point in my life, considering I've got a helluva long time to live still...

that is a nice laser.... I've used it before, super easy and accurate....

Ill help you do it... Would only take a couple of us.. Biggest cost is the concrete.. I can get a float, brush, and possibly cure.. The hand work is what sucks.. digging out the grass, leveling the area, and I can also get a tamp if you can get some 304 or sand as a base, depending on how good you want to make this...

I worked for Complete General construction for 10 years.. Dad is still there.. Myself and 1 other guy built all 56 driveways on dempsey road in 2 weeks, not to mention worked on other roads such as 270, 670, nationwide blvd, vine st, on and on... i work for beer!

That is a decent laser.. Little over kill for a small patio though!

Maybe, but any opportunity to use the darn thing I'll jump on. I bought it not because I needed it, but because the price we (employees) were given was to damn cheap to pass up.

Bit more info for you:

Just assume all work to be done by the patio person/people.

Patio just to be used for table, chairs, people etc, no car/bike parking.

Cant do a deck due to arse clown subdivision rules.

I need a price for some concrete work too. Want to add a 6'x7' slab adjacent to the existing slab. Plain old concrete.

Don't want to do any of it myself, need to know what it would cost to have someone do the whole shebang.

Here is a pic of the area in question...

patio2.jpg

dave you are looking at 2-300 bucks total..... bret you are around 600-800 range.... thats mostly material... like I said I can help either of you out to save some money doing a little of the prep work is the easiest way to save cash, because it's the most labor intensive... or like ousley said he'd do it for beer...

dave you are looking at 2-300 bucks total..... bret you are around 600-800 range.... thats mostly material... like I said I can help either of you out to save some money doing a little of the prep work is the easiest way to save cash, because it's the most labor intensive... or like ousley said he'd do it for beer...

wow thats cheap..you guys better take moose up on his offer now!!

edited, you live too far away.

but if you did live around cincinnati we have a guy that does all of our patios/concrete work for Patio Enclosures and also Champion patio rooms. his name is Mike Rebholtz.

and does some of the best concrete work I've ever seen.

we are talking about pouring slabs somtimes 30X30 perfectly level all the way through.

Edited by serpentracer

wow thats cheap..you guys better take moose up on his offer now!!

Yeah, I got a price back from one contractor, waiting to hear back from two others, want to get a few prices so I can see kinda an average.