taking suggestions. which bike?

ChickOn2

If you haven't heard already, I sold my Katana this week. I liked it, but it was really heavy for me (505 pounds, dry), and drove like a boat. The S.O. also worried about me handling the size, when he has to leave (he's military). If I drop it and he is away, I'm :takeit: because I would not be able to pick that SOB up.

So I am on the lookout for my next love. I DON'T want to generate a bill. Budget is in the $2000 to $2500 range. I would like at least 500ccs, a sport bike or sport cruiser, but not too flippin' heavy!

What can y'all suggest, or can y'all give me some kind of starting point?

GO----->

This.

"1998 Honda CBR 600 F3

37k miles.

Runs well!! New brakes, new chain, new Pilot Power tires, f/r, just changed oil, etc.

The bike is in very good condition, but not perfect. It has a little bit of road rash and was missing a fairing when I picked it up two years ago. Right now it has the black rear piece which is the only part that isn't original. The bike looks very good and I still get tons of compliments on it.

I am in no hurry to sell, so I am firm with the price. $2500.

This bike will hold its value well, so in 1-2 years you should be able to sell for around the same price.

The bike is located in Columbus, OH. (Clean title)

If you have any questions, please email or call:

FriedEGs@ohiodrifting.com

(614) 657-0575

Thanks for looking!

NOT MINE..... ITS ON ANOTHER FORUM (OHIODRIFTING.COM)"

untitled.jpg

reg.jpg

:D

You haven't been shown how to pick up a bike I see! If you know how to pick up a bike you can pick up the any of them.

I can pick up SOME. I could back-up to my Ninja and get it off the ground. Not so, with that dang Katana, that thing was a beast. And handled like a big hairy beast, and not the good kind of hairy beast.

Yeah, 403 dry. But that's still better than 450 to 460 dry.

MUCH better. And the point is to reduce worry on the soon-to-be deployed Marine. I can't have him thinking I'm pinned under a bike without him here to rescue me LOL

Maybe she doesn't have 9 grand lying around.

That's a big difference. I was unaware they are that light. I'd buy that one' date=' Chick. Those old CBRs are rock solid, handle great and look even better.[/quote']

very true.. im just obsessed...

GO DUAL SPORT!!! :D:D Light, cheap, reliable, unlimited riding possibilities, and you can crash them without doing 1000's dollars worth of damage!

But if you have to go street/sport only, I would recommend the SV650. You can easily pick up a 99-02 in your price range, and if you look hard enough you may be able to get an 03 or newer even. (updated body style and fuel injection)

You could also consider a Suzuki GS500 or Kawasaki Ninja 500, which are only about $5k new so you should be able to get a fairly late model of either in your $$ range.

And as others have suggested, the older F3's are definitely solid, you're just gonna have to go back a few more years to get to where you're budget needs to be.

If you haven't heard already, I sold my Katana this week. I liked it, but it was really heavy for me (505 pounds, dry), and drove like a boat.

505lbs DRY?!!? HOT DAYUM! WAS IT BULLETPROOF?:eek:

Just kidding! I'd go with the CBR 600 for handling, reliability, and curb appeal!