Motorcycle Novice???

alab32

I know what you can and cant do as a "MC Novice" in OH but what does your ID card actually say? I just got my OH license, i have had my MC license in NY for 5 years, and it says next to my pic "MC Novice until 01-01-1900" Obviously thats not a valid date but... is this normal? I certainly dont know since i JUST got the license. Thanks for the help.

http://bmv.ohio.gov/driver_license/dl_faq.htm

Q21: I have completed the Motorcycle Safety course in another state, what are my requirements to obtain a motorcycle endorsement in Ohio.

A21:

You will be required to contact Motorcycle Ohio at 1-800-837-4337 to see if the requirements of that state meet Ohio’s guidelines.

i have indiana licence for 2 years before i move to ohio,and they give me novice too.if you switch licence from other state to ohio they put you as novice ,dont matter how long you have endorsement there,you novice in this state,and you need wear helmet all the time for first year.

It does sound weird. I haven't heard of that being done. Do you want the address to write them and ask?

They don't have email addresses. If you want, I'll call and ask them tomorrow.

What is Motorcycle Ohio's address and phone number?

Ohio Department of Public Safety

Motorcycle Ohio

1970 West Broad Street 4th Floor

P.O. Box 182081

Columbus, Ohio 43218-2081

Toll Free: 1-800-83-RIDER

Phone: 614-466-4041

Fax: 614-728-8330

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

General Information (614) 752-7500

Registration/License Plates (614) 752-7800

I'd say based on the screwy date it may be that they can't add an endorsement without it starting as a novice. Maybe they put that odd date on there to show that your not a novice, obviously that date has passed and you were only a novice until then - according to them .... if that makes sense.

Ohio is weird, but when I moved here from MI three years ago, I just got my endorsement carried over, no mention of "novice" on it. Maybe a glitch there that day, like someone else said that date is already past so you shouldnt have any worries other than a cop doing a double take at if you get pulled over.