Man Down... Bruised but not beaten

Xfader

I am now officially part of the Man Down Club. This past weekend I was riding my CBR600 on Morse Rd making a right turn onto Hamilton Rd when my rear tire loss traction and ran me wide into the median.

The bike took the brunt of the damage on its lower left side and I of course went head over hills into on coming traffic. Thank God there were no cars coming...

When I finished my "swan dive" there were people all around me within seconds offering their assistance. One guy was even an off-duty police officer who saw my spill.

They all were very helpful and kind helping me to relax and stay still until medics arrived.

Now I am bruised a bit with a "small" 3 inch Road Rash Scar on my left arm. (New User Name will now be "Nemo"). I was wearing my helmet and thank God for that. When I hit the median, I hit head first. The medic said that based on the impact, I would have fractured my skull!

As I have posted before, I will never ride without my helmet. I never have and never will. The only reason I have the road rash is because it was such a nice day and I was only going down the street and coming right back, I wore my lighter textile jacket. Now to its credit, it saved my back and arms, but I got caught on the only part that was not covered by padding.

So what have I learned about this incident... there is no such thing as just going out for a quick spin. Always wear your most protective gear at all times.

Now I know that pain heals and chicks dig scars, and being part of this club is cool, but I love my skin way more so I will always wear leather. I had to learn the hard way.

Thanks for listening and see you out soon. The bike is in the shop getting an estimate, but I am thinking about getting a new ride all together... maybe that new Yamaha FZ6R. Be safe out there.

Xfader ... no I mean Nemo...

Oil at intersections sux.

I caught some just the other day myself on a sharp dogleg on a very local street, to me that is.

Didn't loose it but it was a mite interesting for a second or two.

Surprised me cause I had just been on the same street the day before and it was fine.

Not an intersection just right in the middle of the turn.

Gear is good, even at 90 degrees out there.

So what is with the name change?!?!?

Thank you all for your show of support. I told my wife that you guys were cool... now she can really see it for herself.

I am feeling much better and the arm is coming along nicely. Can't wait to be back in the saddle again.

Xfader

Sorry to hear that, dude. Sara, you and, I were just talkin' about always wearin' our jackets the other day too. It goes to show how important your gear really is. Heal up and get that bike runnin' again so we can go out on that ride we were talkin' 'bout. It would nice if you'd come out and join everyone for tomorrow's bike-night as well.

Welcome to the club, at least you didn't look as stupid as I did!!! +1 for wearing the gear, one more reason to always wear your lid, even when just going down to the corner... Glad to hear you were not hurt, scars are just tattoos with better stories.

Edit:

So, Mr. nemo/xfader here had negative rep when this thread started.

And now it's all green.

So, do you get cool points for wrecking?

(Just an observation)

Heal up mang.

I imagine the rep jump is for not being a silly squid and wearing his gear. If his rep was negative before, then perhaps this is just a sign that he pulled his head out far enough to see daylight now. :)

Edited by 2wheels>4
add quote

Thanks for the love people, I am truly blessed and lucky... and yeah, we were just talking about our gear Friday night Cypress. I was telling my friends that I was thinking about getting rid of the textile jacket for my all leather one this week. I was one day too late it seems. I now believe that all weeks start on a Sunday and not on Monday like my boss keeps trying to tell me.

I will try to make it out to a couple of gatherings possibly next week. I have class to prep for as well as letting the "burn" heal. See you soon...

Thank you all for your show of support. I told my wife that you guys were cool... now she can really see it for herself.

I am feeling much better and the arm is coming along nicely. Can't wait to be back in the saddle again.

Xfader

well if Saundra thinks we all cool then she needs to get a bike of her own too!!!! Feel free to show the woman my post!!!!:D

Sorry to hear that, dude. Sara, you and, I were just talkin' about always wearin' our jackets the other day too. It goes to show how important your gear really is. Heal up and get that bike runnin' again so we can go out on that ride we were talkin' 'bout. It would nice if you'd come out and join everyone for tomorrow's bike-night as well.

Well I was at Iron pony with him and told him not to buy that crap! :) I won't say I told you so again since I did it a gazzilion times on the phone BUT please be careful and wear that gear on your NEW much faster bike! Right Shawn?????? Get back up on that horse! Much love......:p