Roads from Dayton to Columbus?

RSVDon

I'm heading to Cbus tomorrow and absolutely despise I-70. Too many cops, too many straights, and uncomfortable as fuck. Are there any good backroads that would lead me from Dayton to Cbus that are less boring?

Thanks ya'll

US42 is a decent alternative. Depending upon where you wanna go in Cbus you may want to take 40 into Grove city from 42 in London.

How much longer do you want to make your ride?

Need to be there by 12:30 so I'd say max of 3 hours riding. If things get tight I can always just find a highway. It's just not my preferred method of travel on bike.

My girl friend is in Troy so I make the trip a lot. My best, but not very direct, route is as follows. From 42 in Troy take 55 east to Terra Haunt and get on Storms Creek rd across to 68 North to West Liberty and rt245. Follow 245 East which becomes 287 and ends at rt33. Rt33 leads into Columbus but if you have time exit rt33 at 36 South. It will take you to Milford Center, but before you cross the bridge into town or reach Reed rd on the right, there is Big Darby Creek rd on the left. You'll come out at the High School and turn right onto 38, then before the next bridge turn left onto Burns rd till the stop sign. Turn right onto Robinson Rd to 736. Turn right again to get to 42. North on 42 takes you back to 33, south on 42 takes you towards I-70. But wait!!! :lol: If you take old 42 South before the stop light to Chillicothe st which becomes plain city georgesville rd or 142. 142 Also leads you to I-70 a bit further east than 42 does and is far more plesant. Figure on 2 hrs from Troy.

Hope this rambleing helps. lol

Edited by buildit