ride 06-27-09 367 miles

Uncle Punk

My Saturday has been freed up so I thought I might make a trip down south. I put on new tires last night and adjusted my chain. I am going to change my oil today and should be ready to go Saturday morning.

Route I am currently planning is 367 miles long. Starting at the intersection of 83 & 82, taking 83 to 78, 78 to 536, 536 to 7, 7 to 255, 255 to 800, 800 to 250, 250 to 83, and 83 to 82. From the end of 800 the ride home will be boring.

I am planning to leave at 10:00 AM gassed up and ready to go. Who wants to join in?

Warning: We will be going through the Coshocton area, running from helicopters is not part of the planned ride but is optional for others participating.

picture.php?albumid=453&pictureid=4737

Tod...I'll be dropping my bike off in MI this weekend, otherwise I'd join ya.

Ride safe. Maybe pack a mobile SAM next to the baby to take care of those pesky copters.

They'll call off all pursuits w/ "baby on board"

Good call.

whats this metroparks you guys up north keep talkin bout...

(not meaning to hijack. :))

You did hijack, but I look at it as a free bump for Tod's ride, so he's lucky to have such an active interest.

Metroparks are near Cuyahoga Valley.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41.318044,-81.55014&spn=0.382139,0.617294&z=11

See all the green? There. But you have to go slow because it's patrolled like its Coshocton or something....

Edited by JRMMiii

Tpoppa, I would have made your ride earlier this week if I have had tires. I ordered them two weeks ago but that's what I get for ordering them from a friend giving me a "deal". No worries, I don't blame you after doing two big weekends in a row I needed a break also.

Curby, I will sometimes run the metro parks, it's 30 to 35 MPH posted, few legal passing zones, sometimes crowded and patrolled moderately. It's a nice ride for northern Ohio and if you have the opportunity you should try it. I have not seen any helicopter patrols but the tree canopy is thick so I might have missed them. If you’re on a cruiser it's a great ride, you should get JRMMiii to show you how to do it like a squid and poser, big fun.

Baby on board with SAM, look out coppers you don't stand a chance. I aint skeerd and I aint runnin.

Trying to find out if I can get another couple people to do this trip...i.e. Steve, Mike, and couple more people they work with.

What's the time look like for the entire trip less stops of course? I'm guessing that would be the one thing limiting if others will go or not.

I just think that 9 hours for a couple people would have them backing out. But we'll see, I'm going to pest Steve until he finds out if they're in for any kind of ride tomorrow or not. If they don't I'd imagine three of us will go anyway.

Curby, I will sometimes run the metro parks, it's 30 to 35 MPH posted, few legal passing zones, sometimes crowded and patrolled moderately. It's a nice ride for northern Ohio and if you have the opportunity you should try it. I have not seen any helicopter patrols but the tree canopy is thick so I might have missed them. If you’re on a cruiser it's a great ride, you should get JRMMiii to show you how to do it like a squid and poser, big fun.

smiley-laughing021.gif

Kev - do you know the other riders?

I didn't think these were the type of riders that would keep a 'Tod-pace'. Thats why the plan was the metroparks??? I'm cornfused now.

I do know them, but since when did anyone with 3 brain cells try to keep up with Uncle and Baby? Remember everyone rides their own ride. There was no mention of 'pace' yet but as long as everyone waits up who cares what the pace.

Metroparks would be 'okay'. I've been through a lot of it and if all you want to do is go slow and get beat to death from the crappy pavement then that's cool.

Everyone rides their own pace, stop and wait for everyone at turns; no one is left behind unless agreed upon by all.

If I plan on doing a fast pace without waiting for people I don't post a route or invite people I haven't ridden with before.

Everyone is invited; overall time will depend on slowest pace and number of stops. If no one wants to come it's cool with me I just thought I would go back down to 536 and to my latest favorite road 255. These are roads that most of the people that I ride with up here haven't been on yet. I did them with a group a few weeks ago and thought about going back.

I understand starting this post today is kind of short notice but my tires just came in yesterday and I didn’t want to make plans until they arrived. Most people can’t make plans for being away from home for 10 hours the day before.

First Gas stop will be in Millersburg at the gas station next to McDonalds south of town on the west side of the road. We might be picking up another rider there. It's 58 miles from our starting point to that gas station so I would expect us to be there by 11:00.