Starter bike for the wife!

SWing'R

Think we may have found the perfect starter bike for my wife. Now that she has her MC license

and rode a bike during the MSF BRC she think she's ready to leave the scooter behind!

This is the bike she likes, its a Suzuki TU250, its a standard (don't see many like this anymore).

Its a 250cc @ $3799 brand new. Link to the Suzuki page for this bike.

Suzuki_TU250.jpg

I'd suggest getting something a little bigger, like a 500 maybe.... 250 is pretty limited imho

Trying to stay light & nimble, inexpensive, and fast enough to venture out on the highway occassionaly.

Trust me, my wife is not into speed, this bike would most likely never be taken over 60mph ( unless I ride it ;) )

She won't be riding passengers, and simply needs something she can learn on that won't break the bank.

The financing on this would be like $75-$100 a month. And 82mpg, sweet.

Edited by SWing'R

find a used SV650

she wont outgrow it & it will hold its value better

or a honda hawk

Sport bikes are a no-go and she doesn't like how low cruisers are,

this bike (the TU250) is a perfect compromise.

Thanks for the input guys. I will let you all know if we buy it!!

Remeber it's more fun to go fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast one.;) Hope it work out for you and you get lots of enjoyment out of it.:D

Trying to stay light & nimble' date=' inexpensive, and fast enough to venture out on the highway occassionaly.

Trust me, my wife is not into speed, this bike would most likely never be taken over 60mph ( unless I ride it ;) )

She won't be riding passengers, and simply needs something she can learn on that won't break the bank.

The financing on this would be like $75-$100 a month. And 82mpg, sweet.[/quote']

I bet that motor will be screaming at 60mph if your gonna be doing much riding over 55 you really should look at a 500 can get light nimble cheap 500's as well and youll be much happier in the long run plus if she outgrows it youll have some resale value 250's dont do real good on resale "except for 250 ninja's for some reason those goofy things hold value" but hey whatever makes her happy just thowing it out there

I bet that motor will be screaming at 60mph if your gonna be doing much riding over 55 you really should look at a 500 can get light nimble cheap 500's as well and youll be much happier in the long run plus if she outgrows it youll have some resale value 250's dont do real good on resale "except for 250 ninja's for some reason those goofy things hold value" but hey whatever makes her happy just thowing it out there

Who makes a new 500? Gotta be a new bike that we can finance, got no cash to buy used :(

I'd suggest getting something a little bigger, like a 500 maybe.... 250 is pretty limited imho

I completely agree. The 250 cruiser doesn't satisfy nearly as long as the 250 ninja. I started on a Ninja 250 and it only stayed with me for a year. My mom started on a Honda Rebel and she was done with it in no time, so it turned out being a waste of $4000. She upgraded to a VStar 650 and soon after to a VStar 1100. You just outgrow 250s very quickly and I wouldn't recommend it. Just two cents from a female's perspective.

She needs a dual sport, then you can ride it when you wanna switch it up from the FZR. :D

Cheap, durable, and fun.

We considered dualsports at first since thats what she rode during the BRC.

I appreaciate all the input from everyone, we're probably gonna stick with the Suzuki TU, she really likes it,

I'm gonna stop and check it out probably tomorrow night on the way home from work, she's already sat on it at HNW.

I understand everyones concern about a 250 not having much gitty up and go but I know my wife and the speeds at

which she's comfortable, afterall, she's never even had her 150cc scooter wide open! If she gets this 250 the only time

it will most likely ever see over 65mph is when I ride it! :D

The TU250 is a neat little bike. It is the picture of a UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle) that made motorcycles popular in the 70's and early 80's in the US. I wouldn't mind having one just to putter around on. Plus when you get bored with it, just cafe the thing and it'll be like getting a new bike all over again!