Let's start posting these near businesses...

Likwid

On a similar note, I worked at a (really) shitty company that tried to create an anti-gun/anti-weapon policy that prohibited weapons, even while in your car, on their premises including the parking lot.

They also tried to say they had the right to search any vehicle brought onto the property... we refused to sign and said we'd park down the road and walk and/or quit.... it was almost half the developers in a company <100 people

I'm really sick of this type of behavior.... I understand having rules to protect yourself.... but someone who is going to break the law/rules is GOING to break them. A sign, a rule, a posted message is NOT going to change that.... what is it going to take to get that message across?

On a similar note, I worked at a (really) shitty company that tried to create an anti-gun/anti-weapon policy that prohibited weapons, even while in your car, on their premises including the parking lot.

They also tried to say they had the right to search any vehicle brought onto the property... we refused to sign and said we'd park down the road and walk and/or quit.... it was almost half the developers in a company <100 people

I'm really sick of this type of behavior.... I understand having rules to protect yourself.... but someone who is going to break the law/rules is GOING to break them. A sign, a rule, a posted message is NOT going to change that.... what is it going to take to get that message across?

Someone else had this happen to them recently at their company and I think there was a supreme court ruling saying they were allowed to have the weapon stored in a locked compartment in their vehicle. Might want to google it? Usually works in your favor if there's already been a similar ruling.

Someone else had this happen to them recently at their company and I think there was a supreme court ruling saying they were allowed to have the weapon stored in a locked compartment in their vehicle. Might want to google it? Usually works in your favor if there's already been a similar ruling.

I don't work for them anymore, the company I do work for has a policy against weapons.... but I believe there's an exception for in vehicle.

When I worked for Goodyear they actually allowed employees to use the security gun locker if you didn't want to leave your weapon in the car.... talk about a SMART policy.

I don't work for them anymore, the company I do work for has a policy against weapons.... but I believe there's an exception for in vehicle.

When I worked for Goodyear they actually allowed employees to use the security gun locker if you didn't want to leave your weapon in the car.... talk about a SMART policy.

I do outside sales, and my company is pretty cool about it, I've told my boss I carry and they don't mind as long as I don't bring it into the office when I pick up my mail. You're probably thinking... why does an outside salesman need to conceal carry? well i sell tobacco to gas stations and convenience stores and unfortunately the stores that buy the most are in the SHITTIEST areas of dayton/cincinnati... Usually try to get there before noon haha

You're probably thinking... why does an outside salesman need to conceal carry?

Nope, I was thinking:

1. What do you carry?

2. Where did you do your CCW training

I never think "why does that person NEED..." I think "I hope he's around me when someone goes down"

Nope, I was thinking:

1. What do you carry?

2. Where did you do your CCW training

I never think "why does that person NEED..." I think "I hope he's around me when someone goes down"

haha good call!

I either carry a ruger .380 LCP no matter what or if I'm going to a rough area I have a bowie tactical concepts Glock G19.

My father in law is a retired sheriff and gun columnist/instructor, so I lucked out and he gave me the training!

haha good call!

I either carry a ruger .380 LCP no matter what or if I'm going to a rough area I have a bowie tactical concepts Glock G19.

My father in law is a retired sheriff and gun columnist/instructor, so I lucked out and he gave me the training!

Ummmm, any chance he'd do one for a couple of us Board members? OR just me :) I'd drive down to CBUS, payment cash or beer.

Ummmm, any chance he'd do one for a couple of us Board members? OR just me :) I'd drive down to CBUS, payment cash or beer.

haha i could check and see... but we live closer to cincy than cbus so I'm sure it'd be a haul and its suppose to be 12 hours of "classroom instruction" that'd be one hell of a long weekend lol.

This, just like EVERYTHING else...

"It's only illegal if you get caught"

That was one of my earliest lessons in life. After the ones on responsibility and maturity. You need to teach them in that order.

there goes the shoot first ask questions later mentality out the window :lol:

haha i could check and see... but we live closer to cincy than cbus so I'm sure it'd be a haul and its suppose to be 12 hours of "classroom instruction" that'd be one hell of a long weekend lol.

My buddy and I are looking for somewhere to take the class in Cincy.

For the record, an Ohio company LOST a lawsuit for wrongful termination last year for firing a concealed carry holder over having a firearm in his car on company property. The courts ruled that he has a right to defend himself between work and home and that the car constituted his own personal property and therefore the company could no more punish him for his firearm being in a glovebox than in a drawer at home. Win for us!!

As for the signs I say two things:

1. Don't give them your business, that is usually my solution. I have complained loudly enough and with enough people that several area business in my home town removed them.

2. It is a CONCEALED weapon... they can't hassle you about what they don't know you carry, so don't let them see it and there is no problem. (Ousley, you asshole....lol) Besides, unless it is government property (i.e. a business) then it is only TRESSPASSING to have a gun there. All they can do is tell you to leave and not come back. If you don't refuse the lawful order to vacate, then you can NOT be prosecuted in any way for violating the sign. (note: to reiterate, this does NOT apply to government buildings and anywhere serving open containers of alcohol, and banks, instant Felony land there....)

I work for goodyear (well, one of the retail stores) and as per the handbook, no guns are allowed on the premises. period.

One of the guys i work with has his CCW. doesnt matter.

I work for goodyear (well, one of the retail stores) and as per the handbook, no guns are allowed on the premises. period.

One of the guys i work with has his CCW. doesnt matter.

I should have been clearer, I worked at HQ. It wasn't that they allowed guns in the HQ, the security gate was at the entrance so you could go in and let one of the officers lock it up for you.