Trooper Clocked at 147!!!

jporter12

The last time I was pulled over it was by a Sheriff in Granville.. He ran my plates and said, "I see you got a ticket for 131 in a 55 last year, be carful you don't want those points to stack up", and he gave my license back and sent me on my way. Very cool officer.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Gahanna po-po ( not Highsmith ) had been off for months on workers comp cause he slipped on some ice. He was jiveing around pretty good in the video.

Uh. We Are paying for all that too. BWC said it is investigating.

finally i can honestly say i'm paying for something that is probably bullshit. work in gahanna = pay local taxes there so I can legitimately bitch about this.

Now the second guy has asked for a continuance...

The patrol has opened an investigation into why the audio was turned off after the second officer left the scene. They're still not investigating Highsmith for his actions until the judicial process is complete.

:popcorn:

:beathorse:

What is really weird is that this should have been "reckless op" and/or "street racing"... either one of these can give the judge the choice to suspend his license. Hey, I say throw the book at him. I think the trooper who wrote the ticket went alittle light as well 'cause the guy was a trooper. Anyone else going to go to his court date in Licking County Muni? It is 7/24 and I am going to ride up from Chillicothe to see how this guy trys to get out of a 147/ by plane ticket... He pled NG...

I got a 76 in a 55 near chillicothe and Trooper Dorcey (I thought my wife hired a stripper when I popped over the hill near Kenworth and she was standing in the middle of 23!) and she couldn't write the ticket fast enough!

What is really weird is that this should have been "reckless op" and/or "street racing"... either one of these can give the judge the choice to suspend his license. Hey, I say throw the book at him. I think the trooper who wrote the ticket went alittle light as well 'cause the guy was a trooper. Anyone else going to go to his court date in Licking County Muni? It is 7/24 and I am going to ride up from Chillicothe to see how this guy trys to get out of a 147/ by plane ticket... He pled NG...

I got a 76 in a 55 near chillicothe and Trooper Dorcey (I thought my wife hired a stripper when I popped over the hill near Kenworth and she was standing in the middle of 23!) and she couldn't write the ticket fast enough!

I'll be out of town then otherwise I'd be right there with you. Thanks a lot for taking time out to go to court, I have a feeling this will be a landmark case for Ohio speeding one way or the other.

For what its worth, I wrote emails to my state senator and 2 state reps as well as the gov. I figure the more people complain about it, the more the judge may feel people are watching this and not let this guy off. I am certain that if you or I did this, there would be a minimum of a 3 month driver's license suspension...

I'm going to be there on 7/24 with a '98 green/white/purple ZX-7R... hope a few others can make it!

Any idea what time that court date is? I've got to go into work that afternoon, but live here in town and would get up early to make that. Maybe we should bring a couple barbecue grills and have a "Meet & Greet" on the courthouse lawn. Wonder what they would think about a couple hundred "motorcycle enthusiasts" showing up?

I think it would be awesome if we had an OR secretly-sponsored meeting there where everyone who got a reckless op for speeding had a sign with their speed vs. posted speed on it.

sad part is, i'm torn between not wanting a fellow biker to get a ticket and wanting to make sure ppl arent getting special treatment.

I think it would be awesome if we had an OR secretly-sponsored meeting there where everyone who got a reckless op for speeding had a sign with their speed vs. posted speed on it.

sad part is, i'm torn between not wanting a fellow biker to get a ticket and wanting to make sure ppl arent getting special treatment.

That is definitely not the place to antagonize, especially since the verdict and sentence isn't done yet. Now, if this blowhard gets off with no license suspension and a slap on the wrist, antagonize all you want because you're basically getting away with it.

Good point Cheech! Hey, I would love to see others there. His case # in Licking County Municipal court is 09TRD07096 and the trial is set for 2:00pm on 7/24 to Judge Branstool. It seems Branstool has commented that he would not hesitate to suspend Highsmith's license if he was found guilty... that's hear-say though as I saw it online.

I sent an email request to the clerk of courts there to see if the courtroom will be open. If anybody else intends to go, call the clerk the day before to see if it is still set for trial on the 24th. A lawyer can just about fart sideways and get a continuence to delay the trial to a later date.

When I went to fight my speeding ticket in Chillicothe Municipal court it was an open courtroom so spectators could observe. I agree with not antagonizing before the verdict is heard... Did a search of the docket and 1 Columbus TV station and the Newark newspaper have filed a motion for Media coverage... It should be entertaining!

Highsmith has listed SHAMANSKY as his lawyer in the docket... I don't think this guy is cheap so I know it will cost him 1-2K to have a lawyer in his corner. Again, I hope he gets the book thrown at him but if he does get off, the rest of us might learn how to get out of a speeding ticket by airplane... I went it alone, without an attorney and got $225 fine and 2 points.

Good point Cheech! Hey, I would love to see others there. His case # in Licking County Municipal court is 09TRD07096 and the trial is set for 2:00pm on 7/24 to Judge Branstool. It seems Branstool has commented that he would not hesitate to suspend Highsmith's license if he was found guilty... that's hear-say though as I saw it online.

I sent an email request to the clerk of courts there to see if the courtroom will be open. If anybody else intends to go, call the clerk the day before to see if it is still set for trial on the 24th. A lawyer can just about fart sideways and get a continuence to delay the trial to a later date.

When I went to fight my speeding ticket in Chillicothe Municipal court it was an open courtroom so spectators could observe. I agree with not antagonizing before the verdict is heard... Did a search of the docket and 1 Columbus TV station and the Newark newspaper have filed a motion for Media coverage... It should be entertaining!

Highsmith has listed SHAMANSKY as his lawyer in the docket... I don't think this guy is cheap so I know it will cost him 1-2K to have a lawyer in his corner. Again, I hope he gets the book thrown at him but if he does get off, the rest of us might learn how to get out of a speeding ticket by airplane... I went it alone, without an attorney and got $225 fine and 2 points.

With his short-term career and income on the line, he would have to be a imbecile of epic proportions to not have lawyered up. Plus the PBA or FOP has got to know what this means to the state, and I'm sure they're pitching in.

Either way, I'd feel a lot better having one of our guys in there to give the play by play. I know the media will distill this down to a 20 second soundbite, it's nice to know exactly what defense is used and whether or not it's effective.

ok branstools court room is in the liking ounty building on the left i know cause i've been in higgins ourt room before

i believe its 40 north main st but neway it's a brown building with white pillars before the court houst on the north side of the st

I only hope he was one of the few that understands how archaic our speed limits are and isn't/wasn't the kind to ticket others for something he didn't follow himself. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that if this guy was like one of us but with a badge then hopefully he'll get off easy. If he was a ticket writing hypocrite then yeah, throw the book.

I just want to know what happened to the last 10 bikers caught doing 147. Take the average of their fines / suspension / jail, and that's the officer's punishment. No more, no less than the average citizen.

I only hope he was one of the few that understands how archaic our speed limits are and isn't/wasn't the kind to ticket others for something he didn't follow himself. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that if this guy was like one of us but with a badge then hopefully he'll get off easy. If he was a ticket writing hypocrite then yeah, throw the book.

You are missing the point entirely. Yes, the speed limit laws are completely fucked. Yes, there is no functional reason why you can drive 70 in Michigan, 65 in Ohio, then some little municipality can drop it down to 45 for the same road.

However way you slice it, 150MPH is a clear danger to public safety. Whether it's 80 over the limit or 70 over the limit, it doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter if the guy writes warnings all day or if he busts balls.