Trooper Clocked at 147!!!

jporter12

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 147mph, no cop would show mercy on a rider or driver. Arrest, impound, etc. He already hasn't been treated fairly. I guess we'll see how this turns out, if we even hear any updates on this.:dunno:

There it is, kids. No warnings, no slap on the wrist. For a civvie to go 147, that cop already thinks you are a mortal danger to yourself or the general public (which you are), and will take you off the road.

Edited by Cheech

and he stopped.. if I was doing 150 and saw a cop, there is no way I'm throttling down

been there done that...lol most cops dont even pull out they might call ahead but jump off the next exit and go though some side streets and ur good

All I can say is wow. It was just speeding and I hope he doesn't lose his job or have any severe punishment. It's a BS excuse when people hold cops to higher moral standard.

He was just speeding.

We're not holding him to a higher moral standard, we're holding him to the same standard they hold us up to. I guarantee if it were anyone else he would have either spent the night in jail under a reckless op charge, had his bike impounded, or both.

In his particular case, his job relies on him having a clean driving record, so if he does lose his job as a result it's no one's fault but his. It's like a delivery guy getting a DUI, he may be awesome at his job but at the end of the day his employer can't put him behind the wheel.

I got a ticket for 98 in a 55 and the cop only gave me a ticket for speed. No court appearance, no impound, no nothing. I am thankful for that cause I would have lost my job and career at the time. I hope this guy gets off as easy as I did, we all make mistakes that we can learn from and I hope he has learned from this ordeal.

quikzx9r, is that you? :)
been there done that...lol most cops dont even pull out they might call ahead but jump off the next exit and go though some side streets and ur good

right.. what cop? did you see a cop back there?

And the plot thickens....

He was not alone! He was riding with an officer from Gahana, which was clocked at 149. They were clocked from the air.

Quick question the the LEO's on the board:

Why did they give their work address for the ticket? Is that standard procedure for LEO's? The question was brought up on another website (newarkadvocate.com where I read about it) and all I could think of is that maybe they're supposed to, so that they aren't hiding anything from the dept...

One last thing discussed over there, how fast is an Electra Glide, prepped for police usage? Would it be safe to ride at high speeds (over 120 MPH?) I have little doubts that the engine would be able to propel it to that speed, but would the bike be able to handle it?

Why did they give their work address for the ticket? Is that standard procedure for LEO's? The question was brought up on another website (newarkadvocate.com where I read about it) and all I could think of is that maybe they're supposed to, so that they aren't hiding anything from the dept...

it depends, mostly we give our work address because of this situation....the ticket became public record as cited in the article it displayed the station address instead of his home address. As an LEO we can get the address on our licenses changed to our headquarters address...honestly it has nothing to do with hiding anything from the dept...it is an officer safety issue/and the safety of our families, once your home address becomes public, every shitbag you ever arrested will track you down and potentially harm you and or your family. it is just usually a precaution for LEOs, i know some that have their addressed changed on their license, i know some that do not.

it depends, mostly we give our work address because of this situation....the ticket became public record as cited in the article it displayed the station address instead of his home address. As an LEO we can get the address on our licenses changed to our headquarters address...honestly it has nothing to do with hiding anything from the dept...it is an officer safety issue/and the safety of our families, once your home address becomes public, every shitbag you ever arrested will track you down and potentially harm you and or your family. it is just usually a precaution for LEOs, i know some that have their addressed changed on their license, i know some that do not.

I wish we had this option in Corrections. All of info is made public. They try to hide our address, but there is ways around it.

I wish we had this option in Corrections. All of info is made public. They try to hide our address, but there is ways around it.

where there is a will, there is a way, even when we register our vehicles or change our address on our license to the headquarters....perps will always find a way. but the perp will have a rude awakening if they try anything here...both me and the fiance are LEOs....they will be having a very very bad day...

And the plot thickens....

He was not alone! He was riding with an officer from Gahana, which was clocked at 149. They were clocked from the air.

One last thing discussed over there, how fast is an Electra Glide, prepped for police usage? Would it be safe to ride at high speeds (over 120 MPH?) I have little doubts that the engine would be able to propel it to that speed, but would the bike be able to handle it?

This doesn't make sense. If he was riding in loose formation with another guy, and the plane spotted them both, why didn't the chase cop pull them both over at the same time? Did he attempt to and the Gahanna guy ran (or "didn't see him" and ignored a lawful command, something that a civvie would be charged with)?

I've seen a cop in Cleveland start to write me a ticket, then turn around and wave someone else over because of the plane.

where there is a will, there is a way, even when we register our vehicles or change our address on our license to the headquarters....perps will always find a way. but the perp will have a rude awakening if they try anything here...both me and the fiance are LEOs....they will be having a very very bad day...

Why, because you have one of these in your garage?

ED209.jpg

Thanks for the clarification! I figured it was for a good reason, and this sounds like one.

Thanks. A NG plea doesn't necessarily mean he's absolutely going to argue he is not guilty at trial - it's probably just to give himself some time to negotiate a decent plea bargain. His only other options this morning were guilty or no-contest, both of which would have resulted in a conviction of the full charge this morning.