Ride to the Flying Fortress this week?

2wheels>4

Update: Now with Pics of the ride!! \

Article is here: http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/Flying_Fortress_In_the_Skies_Over_Columbus/18955/

Basically, one of the few remaining B52 that still flies is in Columbus on tour and can be viewed (or flown in for a price...) at Bolton Field all this week.

I want to swing by and have a gander at the old girl and if anyone else is game for a ride down to the airfield perhaps they would like to meet for lunch or a beer and then ride on down.

I was planning to head up to Knox Co. today and run an errand, but that isn't urgent and it should be nice all this week also. Post or PM me if you are interested, I am going to go at some point this week regardless but I don't care when so I will wait to see if anyone else is as bored as I am...

Edited by 2wheels>4
Update

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds pretty badass! How much is it to take a ride?

430 clams to take the ride... if you are actually interested go to their website or call for reservations. Too rich for my blood...

Edited by 2wheels>4
oops

Awesome!! I'm definitely up for this! Hey Recon, do you know the guys name who has the P-51 Rep out there?

Nope, too long ago, I won't remember that. I could probably find out his current status, the next time I'm out at the Bolton school. Or I could just call if it's that important.

So when is everyone planning on going to see the old bird?? I would love to go but A. i have no idea where Bolton field is and B. i gotta ride down from mansfield. I really want to go, my grandpa flew those in WWII, and he was the bombardier for the B17s and B29s. Let me know, i am interested! wish i had the cash roll to take a ride!

Ok... I suggest that we all meet somewhere and ride to Bolton, or we can meet out there. There is a restaurant on the field (http://www.jpsbbq.com) that has pretty good food and its cool to sit outside, eat, and watch the planes.

After Bolton, a couple of us are headed down to Hocking for a ride, so if anyone is interested you are more then welcome to come along. It will be a nice leisurely ride, nothing crazy fast. :)

Ok... I suggest that we all meet somewhere and ride to Bolton, or we can meet out there. There is a restaurant on the field (http://www.jpsbbq.com) that has pretty good food and its cool to sit outside, eat, and watch the planes.

After Bolton, a couple of us are headed down to Hocking for a ride, so if anyone is interested you are more then welcome to come along. It will be a nice leisurely ride, nothing crazy fast. :)

Julie³.... you have not listed a date or time...