Ride to the Flying Fortress this week?

2wheels>4

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha so what happened to the post about not a fast ride? Lemme guess, Julie's throttle got stuck and she had to ride it that way through the hills :p

hehe... ;) I guess maybe the next ride wont be posted as "not fast"

ha i just talked to them, dude's bike broke down in the rain. they were there getting dumped on while sitting there on the side of the road. I called to see how to help and they found it was just the ignition fuse :lol: they are on their way back now

Thanks for the sympathy, jerkface. ;)

Just got in. It was pretty awesome being able to park in front of the plane.

Good ride today. Clocked 180+ miles today.

All went well till Evil Twin blew an ignition fuse and we were down for about 30 minutes.

For riding less than a month Julie handled Hocking pretty darn well.

Is it time for a 600 Julie?

I'll upload the pix soon.

That plane is amazing... I definitely recommend going to see it!! Even if you aren't into planes, there is a 6ft redhead there with some giant bewbs that will make you guys drool.

So at the end of the day, i clocked over 200 miles puting over 1000 miles on the bike with only a months riding experience. I'm hooked! I think i see a bigger bike in the very near future. The 250 is such a blast though...

Poor Evil Twin and his 1G error ;) LMAO...

I definitely had an aweasome time!!! Thanks for the fun and lots of good riding tips, guys! So whats on the agenda for next friday?

*posting pics in my profile in a few mins.

I'm too lazy to get the pics off my phone. I ended up doing an overnight kayak trip sat to sunday on the big darby, we launched an hour before that 2 hour DOWNPOUR, everything we had was soaked, stopped raining when we camped and spend the night drying stuff by the fire, our other suppies were ok, 4 cases of adult beverages, 5th bourbon, a 2 quarts of white lightning. I feel terrible.

Mikke

I'm too lazy to get the pics off my phone. I ended up doing an overnight kayak trip sat to sunday on the big darby, we launched an hour before that 2 hour DOWNPOUR, everything we had was soaked, stopped raining when we camped and spend the night drying stuff by the fire, our other suppies were ok, 4 cases of adult beverages, 5th bourbon, a 2 quarts of white lightning. I feel terrible.

Mikke

Oh Fun! Do you guys use Trapper John's and have them put you in at the top? What point did you stop and camp? I have paddled that many many times. If you ever need company, holler. It's normally easy to get people to go ride, but it's a little tricky to talk people into kayaking, fishing, and camping. Do you have your own boats?

Nice job on the booze! I'm shocked you managed to paddle the rest of the way the next day ;)

Great pics!!! That was a blast. I wish you could have joined us on the rest of the ride. Next time!!

Thx Julie, I had a ball as well, and its funny my neighbor is a friend of you guys, just talked to Justin and moose(if I remember right) as I was cutting the grass.

Kayaking has been my first love for many years, I own 3 kayaks, 2 SOT's(sit on tops) and one SINK(sit inside) the SOT's are SOOO much easier to use. I have about 15 or so fellow kayak'ers here in Columbus, we go about every week, and we goto rodeo's(get togethers at a river, mostly out of state with roughly 30-60 guys from 10 or so different states, fish during the day, drink and lie at night(tents). I'm a Smallmouth bass fishermen first, kayakers second, but I have done the whitewater stuff in my own yaks up to class 3(not in OHIO!) and let me tell you its scarier than doing rt 188 at 170mph, rafting the same stuff is easy, pucker factor in a small boat is high.

If you ever want to go, let me know, I can round up enough boats from my buddies for a few of us to go. I don't do the trapper john run, too many people, we go south of there , almost to circleville, or north, way north.

Mike