Bike with a side car, or car with a side bike?

justin0469

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10283534-1.html

by Juniper Foo

snaefell_500x366.jpg(Credit: Snaefell project)

We've heard of sidecars, but this just takes the cake, er, car for literally having a side car. While the end result looks rather like an unfortunate mashup in a mishap, it's still a headturner for its fiery red bodywork and odd coupling of car and bike. We're guessing the Snaefell project's creator, Francois Knorreck, took 10 long years putting this one-of-a-kind hybrid together simply because it had to be done in secret, away from eyes of the wife.

I know I'd be miffed if the significant other coughed up a good $21,000 tinkering with what resembles an illegal ride that can't part company since the two-wheeler appears to be integrated into the car. What's worse, from the pictures, the bike seems to obscure the left windows. As a bit of trivia, the Italian cobbled together bits of a Volkswagen GTI, Audi 80, and Citroen Xantia with a Laverda motorcycle.

(Editor's note: At the time this blog went up, the Snaefell project page was down due to server overload. Here is a cached version.)

snaefell2_500x335.jpg(Credit: Snaefell project)

If the bike is completely upright & can't lean, as it appears to be sharing wheels with the "car".......I vote it's a car with a side bike

Very cool though!

If the bike is completely upright & can't lean,

i dont think that a motorcycle can lean when it has a sidecar attached. or at least, its not supposed to. im pretty sure you steer by turning the front wheel.

not 100% positive though. ive never ridden a hack.

i'd rather have this bike inspired vehicle...

2009 KTM X-BOW

!BUzqqUQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLluvvMBKPZoZtDL!~~_12.JPG

!BUzqGM!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlw8DFBKPZk4J+Zw~~_12.JPG

!BUzsNgQBWk~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLl),B+BKPZyYs)rQ~~_12.JPG

ENGINE: In-line 4-cylinder petrol engine with direct injection, exhaust turbo supercharging with aftercooling

Displacementcm³1.984PerformancekW (PS)@1/min177(240)5.500Max. TorqueNm@ 1/min310@2.000–5.500Valves4/Zylinder, DOHC

Length x Width x Heightmm3.738 x 1.915 x 1.202Wheelbasemm2.430Height of centre of gravitymm390Wheel track front/rearmm1.672/1.626Turning Circlem10,8Fuel tank capacityl40Fuel consumptionØ 7,2 l/100 kmCO2 Emissiong171/kmAerodynamic ground pressure at 100 km/hkg48Aerodynamic ground pressure at 200 km/hkg193 Deceleration from 100 - 0 km/hm32,9 Transversal acceleration with series tyres g1,5 Weight distribution static(front/rear)37:63

Currently on EBAY at $55k

ENGINE: In-line 4-cylinder petrol engine with direct injection, exhaust turbo supercharging with aftercooling

Displacementcm³1.984PerformancekW (PS)@1/min177(240)5.500Max. TorqueNm@ 1/min310@2.000–5.500Valves4/Zylinder, DOHC

Length x Width x Heightmm3.738 x 1.915 x 1.202Wheelbasemm2.430Height of centre of gravitymm390Wheel track front/rearmm1.672/1.626Turning Circlem10,8Fuel tank capacityl40Fuel consumptionØ 7,2 l/100 kmCO2 Emissiong171/kmAerodynamic ground pressure at 100 km/hkg48Aerodynamic ground pressure at 200 km/hkg193 Deceleration from 100 - 0 km/hm32,9 Transversal acceleration with series tyres g1,5 Weight distribution static(front/rear)37:63

Is it just my lack of sleep or does that all kinda run together? I mean I can read some Chinese but that block of text just made my brain run out of my ears.

i'd rather have this bike inspired vehicle...

2009 KTM X-BOW

!BUzqqUQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLluvvMBKPZoZtDL!~~_12.JPG

!BUzqGM!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlw8DFBKPZk4J+Zw~~_12.JPG

!BUzsNgQBWk~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLl),B+BKPZyYs)rQ~~_12.JPG

I like this. One question does it transform into a motorcycle? If so I will sell everything I own and buy this. Well except the stuff I need.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10283534-1.html

by Juniper Foo

snaefell_500x366.jpg(Credit: Snaefell project)

We've heard of sidecars, but this just takes the cake, er, car for literally having a side car. While the end result looks rather like an unfortunate mashup in a mishap, it's still a headturner for its fiery red bodywork and odd coupling of car and bike. We're guessing the Snaefell project's creator, Francois Knorreck, took 10 long years putting this one-of-a-kind hybrid together simply because it had to be done in secret, away from eyes of the wife.

I know I'd be miffed if the significant other coughed up a good $21,000 tinkering with what resembles an illegal ride that can't part company since the two-wheeler appears to be integrated into the car. What's worse, from the pictures, the bike seems to obscure the left windows. As a bit of trivia, the Italian cobbled together bits of a Volkswagen GTI, Audi 80, and Citroen Xantia with a Laverda motorcycle.

(Editor's note: At the time this blog went up, the Snaefell project page was down due to server overload. Here is a cached version.)

snaefell2_500x335.jpg(Credit: Snaefell project)

ignorant, i mean its shiny and red but uhhh just gay. His wife should kick him in the nuts, screw his best friend then wipe her twat on his pillow for building that monstrosity

i dont think that a motorcycle can lean when it has a sidecar attached. or at least, its not supposed to. im pretty sure you steer by turning the front wheel.

not 100% positive though. ive never ridden a hack.

Modern, upper end sidecars now have independent suspension & can lean a bit, IIRC

Not like the one I rode to California in, & I had to do all the leanin' ;)