Would you buy.....

Chrome

a car or truck with a salvage title.

If you could drive a car that you know you could not afford if it had a clear title, but found one that is much cheaper with a salvage title would you buy it?

Depends on the condition of the vehicle, and how long you plan on keeping it. If the vehicle is good shape, and you plan on holding on it to it for a while. I don't see the problem. However like you mentioned, rebuilt/salvage titles knock down the value of any vehicle. So if you have to sell it, you could end up taking a loss on it too. What are you trying to buy?

Oh i see. Well. I guess it depends on how much you end up paying for the car or truck (S). Make sure at least, you can get some more money out of it. Obviously, it's a no brainer if you can buy a car for 500$ and sell it for $1000...or more. But paying 3000$, and only able to get 3050$....was it worth all the time and and hassle?

no, alot of these are from an insurance company and have already been rebuilt. for example, there is a 2006 BMW 650i with 50,000 miles for $10,000. if it have a clean title it would be worth around $55,125. I figure you could sell it for at least $15000 and somebody would hop on it.

I've owned many salvage vehicles including my sti that I drive now. It's hard enough to sell a car these days as is, even harder with a salvage title. A lot of people loved the price off the Mach 1 I had but didn't like the salvage title. Took me a bit longer to sell it.

You weere prabably trying to get as much as possible out of it though. if i pick them up for that cheap i wouldnt be trying to get the "retail" priice for it. 2-3k more would be enough for me.

depends on the car and what the origin of the vehicle is. Ie; if it is a salvage vehicle from LA (Louisiana) then no, I would not purchase it. Too much of a risk of flood damage. If it is a salvage vehicle from L.A. (Los Angeles) most likely. Dry climate so water damage is unlikely.

2006 650i w/50k miles, I would buy it from you now for <$15k!! Seriously, I would, especially if it's white. PM me if you end up picking that up.

well, then I'm out! Will never own another black car, especially in Cali. They show every piece of dirt and every swirl mark... hmmmm wonder if attackpainter wants to paint a Bimmer!

you would have to figure out a way to prove that the car is mechanically functional before someone hands you a substantial amount of money. for instance, i might be on the search for a 911S or 911 turbo or an M6. yeah, 20K for any of those sounds good, but worthless to me if it has a bent frame or blown turbo or half that 10 cylinder V10 is gone.

so i guess what i'm wondering is, do you have a way to test drive these cars before YOU plunk down the money for it (cause nobody else is going to be willing to) to make sure they all function well? or are you willing to take the risk of buying it, finding out that it is real real broke-like and be stuck with holding onto a $20K paper weight? you'll have to excuse me, cause i don't know how these auto auctions work, but from what i understand, they don't let you do anything with these cars... you just have to buy it based on what you can see at the auction.