Thought that I just about lost it...

DangBruhY

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously? Pulling through the apex is the most fun IMO. I even remember in MSF the instruction to roll on the throttle at apex. There are plenty of places in Ohio to safely wear your chicken strips down pretty far. Just learn the roads and make a safety check ride first.

3 jobs PWNS M3!

tire pressure is soooooo important! Check it weekly!

^ What he said. The person who had the bike before could of jammed the max amount of air in there...not a good thing.

Always a good idea to check your pressure before riding. Get one of those tiny pressure gauges and keep it on the bike.

I WILL be checking them every couple of rides. The twitchyness of the throttle is gone. It's easier to flip back and forth. Accelerates MUCH better. I even think my speed is now where it supposed to be. (There is another thread about that)

So, I think, everything is back to normal. Thanks for the info.

Oh... Maybe now I'll be able to slim down those chickens...

Low pressure sneaks up on you... little bit each day. Check your owner's or service manual for recommended pressures, maybe reduce from that if not at max load. If you're riding two up, run the max pressures recommended for your bike. Every bike is a bit different, because of max load rating and tire sizes. They want you to run max all the time, which is ok. Mine is max 36 front 42 rear for naked liter bike @ 428 dry pounds bike weight with 120/70ZR17 and 180/55ZR17.

428 dry

481 wet

641 single rider

865 max load rating

approx 26% reduction for riding solo (at my weight of 160 with gear)

min tire pressure approx 26

max tire pressure 36

target pressure for solo 33.4

min tire pressure approx 26

max tire pressure 42

target pressure for solo 37.8

It's math, don't hate me. Plus I've worked with DOT tire specifications before. I really should dig the manual out and get serious tire pressure numbers for the load ratings.

cant blame those chicken strips on ohio none of us over east here have chicken strips ! well except parks but he claims to have an excuse :) and I run 38r 34f

holy sheet he posted the same stoopid numbers (or close enough). I feel better now, I can go mess with my tire pressures...

haha I dont mess around recon ! I come to lean

seriously though I never did any math on it I just played with the psi for a bunch of runs up the same route and thats what ended up the best so maybe this math thing you do is right who knew . nerd :)

if you are just tooling around town go around 34/34. If u want to do some hard riding go 30/30,but give them a little time to warm up before you really twist that thang. This is a very general setting as diff tires need diff pressure's. My #'s are good for pirelli and metzler tires.

That looks like a battleax BT014

They are battleax, but not sure the model. Do you know anything about them? Are they any good?

cant blame those chicken strips on ohio none of us over east here have chicken strips ! well except parks but he claims to have an excuse :) and I run 38r 34f

As far as the chicken strips... I don't like going backroading (at a fast pace) out here. One, because I don't know the area. (Only lived here for 5 years and haven't gotten out much) Two, because people do stupid stuff when they see you on the backroads. Three, the roads out here are horrible. There is a lot of dirt, rocks, and slippery stuff on the road that makes you not want to ride on them.

I would LOVE to take my bike on a track. The only problem with that is time, or lack there of.