Old Muscle and Cruiser

steppenwolf

I was invited to come here to the daily ride from the Old Muscle group.I post a few pics and tell a short line or two about my sunday rides and he thought this might be a place to post a little...I am not about who can P higher on the tree, I am not a go fast rider..I have a few years behind me,so this is my first post in this forum....I will make this short..

I ride an old Yamaha XS1100,it was a cruiser and a muscle bike in it's day,I know can't keep up to some of today's bikes but still is a butt kicker.

I turned mine into cruiser,muscle road warrior...

DSC_0653.jpg

The Daily Ride...well I try and rid e this bike every day after work and a ride on sundays..we have a group of us XS riders that we have meets and rides together....

DSC_0121-1.jpg

We have our get togethers where we fix another 1100 to keep it on the road..

DSC_0707.jpg

:)

I'll bet this guy rides more miles than most of us on this forum.

And has at LEAST as much fun with it!

Sounds like a cool group!

Maybe I could find some other Interceptors / Honda V4's to get a group together? We could get together to maintain and repair our bikes, ride together and with others.... Just thinking aloud....

There are groups for just about everybike out there. I was with a group for the old three cylinder yamahas for xs 750-xs850 for quite a while.

I am now with a group for the old V4's mostly magnas and sabres of all years and sizes and quite a few vfrs and interceprtors.

We have maintentce clinics, and many get togethers all over the country.

The spring one is now in Tellaco(sp) TN at the Hunts Motorcycle Camp Ground where the owners Jack and Lori actully met and then married while on our list.

We have a late summer meet in Maine and the early summer meet here in Ohio at the Burr Oak State Park. This year we had over 45 people show up and stay the weekend where we planned rides all over Southern OH and WV I put well over 500 miles on my bike in a couple days.

It is fun getting together with people that ride the sames bikes and tell lies and swap stories.

There are groups for just about everybike out there. I was with a group for the old three cylinder yamahas for xs 750-xs850 for quite a while.

I am now with a group for the old V4's mostly magnas and sabres of all years and sizes and quite a few vfrs and interceprtors.

We have maintentce clinics, and many get togethers all over the country.

The spring one is now in Tellaco(sp) TN at the Hunts Motorcycle Camp Ground where the owners Jack and Lori actully met and then married while on our list.

We have a late summer meet in Maine and the early summer meet here in Ohio at the Burr Oak State Park. This year we had over 45 people show up and stay the weekend where we planned rides all over Southern OH and WV I put well over 500 miles on my bike in a couple days.

It is fun getting together with people that ride the sames bikes and tell lies and swap stories.

My dad, Blake1221 and I stopped down at the Burr Oak gathering last summer. We missed most of the people as they had left to go ride, but met some of the stragglers. Cool people.

Very cool group of people, alot of the group have been together well over 10 years and are from all over the country.

The thing that drew everyone together was the bikes but now we are like a family and there all different kinds of bikes that show up.

I am sure you guys with very brand and model specific could find a site if ya looked around.In the one XS1100 site there are over 5000 members. We just started last fall a SWOHXS (southwest ohio XS) riders group and had seven 30 year old bikes on this springs run.The old Suzuki rides have a strong following also..met a few last year in Maysville KY at a Kawaski run and guess what..we all got along great.

Back to the cruiser theme...I turned mine into a boat..we may not have road bikes or sport bikes but our rides seem to be very dependable and fun to ride..a quick trip to the pony keg:)

DSC_0005.jpg

My buddy had a bike very close to that one. He had plastic luggage bags on his. One day we were going down 71 thank god I was on the side of him he hit a pot hole that luggage flew off his bike shit must have bounced 15 feet in the air funny as hell.Wecome!

Thought there might be a few Suzuki riders with some old 850's or 1100's out there,dang good bikes.See alot of them on the road.

Made a trip to Maysville KY last Oct for the SWOKS ride,missed the ride but made the dinner and hotel. It was good to see some older bikes on the road,mine included as I rode down and made a few stops.Found this little gem of a bridge,had to turn around to go back..

DSC_0066.jpg

And as a sad reminder this was just in front of it...

DSC_0069.jpg

As I made my way to Maysville from Cincinnati I saw this,can't find it on a map,don't have a clue to what it is.........Fizzleville Oh

DSC_0036.jpg

Just a few pics in the same area..

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Met a few HD riders in Aberdeen at the DQ before I crossed the bridge to KY but I had to stop and see their flood wall..

hockinghills018.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

Nice place to visit,sit along the river,great view,a train might come by( I like trains) lots of bikes...but I came here to see some bikes.

I missed the ride and I didn't make it to the hotel till 4 pm( Hamptom Inn used my AARP card and got a decent rate:-)) But.....

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

So much more went on but after a nite at a great restaurant and a party afterwards it was time to head home so I poked along RT 52 and who can not stop at the Rankin House in Ripley...

DSC_0063-1.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

So just a quick get away on an old bike and ready for another.

This is an after thought...

DSC_0049-1-1.jpg

Edited by steppenwolf