The Dillemma.....Bike vs. Bike vs. Bike

MattKatz

I have my eye on a couple of 1K's I am thinking of purchasing....but I just cant figure out which one I really want.

Up on COnsideration are the following.

'05 GSXR 1000...5K miles....Looks to be in nice shape...$6K.....KBB Value $7300

'06 Honda 1000RR...15K miles...Well maintained with a few mods....$6800....KBB Value $7300

'07 GSXR 1000....1400 miles....Stock....$7500...KBB Value $8300.....8 hours away.

I just really cant figure out which one to buy. I was wanting to keep it around $6500 unless I was splurging for an 08+ Honda 1000RR...but I havent found an LE like I want....so these will have to do for this year.

The '05 really looks to be the best buy....but I dunno.

And I likely will be selling off whatever I get next year if I come across an LE or a nice Busa.

What do you guys think?

Edited by MattKatz

Ok man just trying to give u a heads up.. For $7000 i can get a bike totally built with ohlins everything and all the race goodies and mass spares and a clear title. I have gone through 6 bikes this year,but maybe i am in the wrong selling market because they all have sold super low.

wasnt there an 04 cbr1k going for like mid 4's earlier this month or last month?

An 04 is a far cry from an 06 in price...so it might have been.

Also..these bikes are minty....Notwrecked, dropped or the like.

I only opt for the best when I get stuff....I am far too picky.

An 04 is a far cry from an 06 in price...so it might have been.

Also..these bikes are minty....Notwrecked, dropped or the like.

I only opt for the best when I get stuff....I am far too picky.

i figured since you were looking at 05 gsxr's, 04's wouldn't be a stretch. i don't think there is much difference in technology since like... 2001. well, at least not $2000 worth of difference anyway.

anyway, good luck on the search. i'm pretty sure if you were looking in the 7k range, you could get lucky and land a leftover 07 or 08.

my opinion is if you have a bike now wait til the off season when prices drop even lower and get what you really want. Who knows how fast or even if you can unload this "temporary" bike id the one you really want does appear.