Elyria rider killed - RIP

SWing'R

Yet another senseless motorcycle fatality. I know its unlikely but hopefully the driver of the car will get some jail time.

RIP.

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2009/07/21/news/mj1361192.txt

PS...

To all the Ohio Riders up in the Lorain/Elyria area, be safe man, there have been a ton of fatalities up your way!

Not that I don't agree with you about wearing a lid but I srsly doubt it would have made a difference in this case.

Exactly. This guy didn't have a chance, helmet or no helmet. :(

Not that I don't agree with you about wearing a lid but I srsly doubt it would have made a difference in this case.

We don't know if what killed him was head trauma. If that was the case, he might still be alive. What's for sure is that not wearing one in a collision at that speeds is he almost certainly did suffer some head injuries.

My older brother got hit by a gas truck in an intersection in a similar manner, but lived through it. He was very screwed up by the wreck, body wise but he was wearing a lid and it saved his life...it was the event that really changed my views on ATGATT.

This is sad to hear, as always. That is one of the reasons I don't ride down back country roads at night anymore. He was down in Ashland, which is good bit from here, but still, we have plenty in our area like that. And while you're all probably right that a helpemt wouldn't have saved him, it's still not an excuse (though used frequently from the knuckleheads that don't gear up) to have something on your head.

Thoughts and prayers to the family and loved ones, whomever they may be.