Knocking after tire change

progrmr

I just changed the rear tire on my 99 CBR600 - not the first time I've changed a tire, but first time with this bike.

After putting the tire back on, I'm getting a knocking on the left side of the bike, right by the front sprocket. I'm guessing the knock could either be chain tension (slipping on the sprocket somehow??), or the alignment is off just a bit and the chain is going slightly off the sprocket then popping back on.

Anyone every have this problem before?? think I might be right?

When the bike is in motion - no sound when its just sitting and idling. I can feel it in the left footped and hear it - it is also not a regular tempo, different intervals. No particular condition seems to trigger it.

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned/lubed the chain, took some tension out and re-aligned. Knocking is gone! Took the cover off the front sprocket and it looks ok, so I'm hoping it was just some typical maintenance. Have to put some time on the bike to make sure 100% its gone but the test ride had zero knocks.

** phew **