Got back from a Week at the Dragon

600ZZ4eb

What up Peeps,

Been a min since i've been around. Last week i went down to the Dragon to meet up with 60 plus Katriders.com members for their annual rally. It was my first time down there (07/21-07/25). I rode the zzr down there fresh from the shop the week before (finally). Left 4:30 am and arrived at 12ish on the 21st. I put about 1800 miles on the bike in 5 day in the area. Rode the Dragon a bunch, Hellbender, Skyway, and through the Smokie Mtns on 441 and 73. Went up to Clingman Dome as will (6600 feet above Sea level - highest point on Appl trail). I forgot my good camera so the cell had to do, but her is the one i have a work with me....those that have been to the dragon will recognize this overlook. :-) On the way back Doug (giftedwon) and i went through the Daniel Boone national forest on 80 - really nice cruiser road - no cops, super wide sweepers, long straights. We hit 23 north after that and 93, then 35 by mistake, back to 23 north to columbus. It was great and i cant wait to do it again.

[ATTACH]1233[/ATTACH]

So jealous you went to the rally! I heard Mojoe had some problems with the local staff, a little to Tennessean for his taste :)

Glad you had fun man, and even more glad you kept it up this time. :)

So jealous you went to the rally! I heard Mojoe had some problems with the local staff, a little to Tennessean for his taste :)

Glad you had fun man, and even more glad you kept it up this time. :)

Yeah, i was probably the slowest moving sportbike at the dragon, but its all good. As far as the locals, i didnt have any issues with any of them. I do know who he was talking about and wont be going out of my way to go see him. I was all over the place down there....so much more to see then deal with ignorant people. :-)

I met and rode with some of the locals there. Nothing beat it! Cherhola can be taken at 75mph without braking at all, just keep it constant. Learned that from the locals, and it was true. Everybody wanted to gas and brake, but just flowing- and leaning HARD- that was a blast!