For all you hockey fans...

tomin40

Homeless man gave Mario advice on how to help Pens win

By The Tribune-Review Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A homeless man suffering from bipolar disorder targeted Pittsburgh Penguins owner Mario Lemieux with notes offering unusual advice on how to win hockey games.

Allegheny County authorities don't plan to charge 54-year-old James Hoop with a crime for the notes, which were confirmed by a probation officer and Hoop's attorney at a probation violation hearing on an unrelated case yesterday.

NHL security officials contacted authorities after Hoop started addressing some notes to Lemieux's wife and daughters and tossing them into Lemieux's yard earlier this year.

Hoop offered advice on diet and vitamins for players and game strategies and allegedly sent similar notes to players Sidney Crosby and Jordan Staal.

Authorities say Lemieux's groundskeeper found the notes before almost every home game.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_635662.html?source=rss&feed=8

Now we know all it takes is a homeless man to beat the Red Wings. :lol:

Homeless man gave Mario advice on how to help Pens win

By The Tribune-Review Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A homeless man suffering from bipolar disorder targeted Pittsburgh Penguins owner Mario Lemieux with notes offering unusual advice on how to win hockey games.

Allegheny County authorities don't plan to charge 54-year-old James Hoop with a crime for the notes, which were confirmed by a probation officer and Hoop's attorney at a probation violation hearing on an unrelated case yesterday.

NHL security officials contacted authorities after Hoop started addressing some notes to Lemieux's wife and daughters and tossing them into Lemieux's yard earlier this year.

Hoop offered advice on diet and vitamins for players and game strategies and allegedly sent similar notes to players Sidney Crosby and Jordan Staal.

Authorities say Lemieux's groundskeeper found the notes before almost every home game.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_635662.html?source=rss&feed=8

Now we know all it takes is a homeless man to beat the Red Wings. :lol:

easy now killer!!! they essentially won by one freaking point... I wouldn't necessarily call that a beating....and we still kicked the crap outta the blue jackets....:D

easy now killer!!! they essentially won by one freaking point... I wouldn't necessarily call that a beating....and we still kicked the crap outta the blue jackets....:D

Anytime the Wings lose, I call it a good ole a$$ beating. But I am a Colorado fan, so my hatred to the Wings doesn't end. And I don't want to hear about how you guys have owned us the last few years and how we didn't even make the playoffs. Least let me have some peace and quiet for the summer until pre-season starts. :)

Edited by tomin40