Who insures your bike?

F4iBunny

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stay away from Allstate, they suck for bike insurance. Great for home and autos, but suck balls for bikes and they openly admit it.

The best bike insurance I found is with Dairyland, but they won't write in OH. (OH law sucks regarding victim rights in collisions)

• 2 weeks later...

so am I doing something wrong with getting quotes on an 05 CBR600RR? My insurance agent just called me and said it would be like $2400 a year for full coverage through Safeco. I am 24 and have only had 1 ticket and that was 5 years ago.

How can I get this much lower?

Had Allstate for years. Even had a hit and run. No problems with the fix.

I previously had state farm and seiches to Allstate cause it was HALF what I was paying before.

Shop around see who has better rates for your needs.

so am I doing something wrong with getting quotes on an 05 CBR600RR? My insurance agent just called me and said it would be like $2400 a year for full coverage through Safeco. I am 24 and have only had 1 ticket and that was 5 years ago.

How can I get this much lower?

some companies insure you based on bike class, so a CBR would be a supersport and they'll try and rape you. I've heard state farm rates you on engine size only, so you could get the 600 insured for cheap. I know progressive wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for full coverage (around 2200) when I first bought my R6. A couple years later its now couple hundy bucks a year for full coverage. (I only paid like $90/year for liability!)

some companies insure you based on bike class, so a CBR would be a supersport and they'll try and rape you. I've heard state farm rates you on engine size only, so you could get the 600 insured for cheap. I know progressive wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for full coverage (around 2200) when I first bought my R6. A couple years later its now couple hundy bucks a year for full coverage. (I only paid like $90/year for liability!)

alright good to know. Progressive wanted like $2500 a year so I will give State Farm a call and maybe some other places as well not through my current agent. Thanks!

alright good to know. Progressive wanted like $2500 a year so I will give State Farm a call and maybe some other places as well not through my current agent. Thanks!

Make sure you know what coverage you NEED not what you've been quoted at before. But that applies to quoting with your agent as well.

Make sure you know what coverage you NEED not what you've been quoted at before. But that applies to quoting with your agent as well.

Since I am new to this I don't feel i know what I need really. What is suggested?

State Farm is one of the few companies that only go by the cc's of the bike to establish a price, so when I have Busa's or Liter bikes I will use them.

Are you implying that State Farm only rates on engine size and no driver factors?

Or are you saying they don't group them into Sport/SuperSport/Track etc?

Talking about the bike, they don't consider anything a "superbike" or "sportbike". My current insurance company wanted 2k a year to insure my Busa becasue it was a Busa. State Farm saw it as a 1300 CC bike and I paid $225 a year.

sorry for the confusion

Edited by kreator

Talking about the bike, they don't consider anything a "superbike" or "sportbike". My current insurance company wanted 2k a year to insure my Busa becasue it was a Busa. State Farm saw it as a 1300 CC bike and I paid $225 a year.

sorry for the confusion

Odd, not a lot of information about State Farm's MC insurance online, agent only... I wouldn't take the "saw it as a 1300 cc bike" from an agent though.

I would just call an agent for a quote, I was suprised and thought the price was too good to be true myself, but I paid $225 a year for my 06 Busa, the cleapest I could find before that was a litte under 6 a year from Allstate, that is with 0 points and my house, and truck.

Odd, not a lot of information about State Farm's MC insurance online, agent only... I wouldn't take the "saw it as a 1300 cc bike" from an agent though.

It seems like they changed this recently. I have had them for three years now. This year I got my renewal and it said "supersport" and I almost shit a chicken because I thought my renewal rate was going to be through the roof. My premium actually went down a little bit. :)