Who insures your bike?

F4iBunny

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like they changed this recently. I have had them for three years now. This year I got my renewal and it said "supersport" and I almost shit a chicken because I thought my renewal rate was going to be through the roof. My premium actually went down a little bit. :)

I wouldn't be surprised. Not that you were implying anything but...

Your insurance carriers knows what bike you have, it's by your VIN, so unless you found a carrier that doesn't require a VIN.... They know what bike model you have, what your CCs are, what year it was made, where it was assembled and everything else about it.

The only way around this is to build a custom bike, or swap the engine from another bike. Just saying, even if they don't call it a supersport or super duper fantasmagraphic bike, they know exactly what it is capable of.

And for purposes of insurance, most companies have an exclusion if you're on the track.

I wouldn't be surprised. Not that you were implying anything but...

Your insurance carriers knows what bike you have, it's by your VIN, so unless you found a carrier that doesn't require a VIN.... They know what bike model you have, what your CCs are, what year it was made, where it was assembled and everything else about it.

The only way around this is to build a custom bike, or swap the engine from another bike. Just saying, even if they don't call it a supersport or super duper fantasmagraphic bike, they know exactly what it is capable of.

And for purposes of insurance, most companies have an exclusion if you're on the track.

I know... I work for an insurance company as well... :)

As far as the track some (verify with underwriter/agent) will cover track damage if it is not a timed event.

Edited by Pedro

i go thru progressive, and am charged ~140/year. BUT, Its a ninja 500, w/ liability only.

for my cars, I have motorists mutual insurance co., and its ike 150/mo for two cars (malibu's) w/ full coverage. but i get a discount for having my homeowners thru them as well.