Current Poll

Center:

User CP/welcome block

Random album photos

Recent threads

Right column:

Buddy list

Sponsors

So my question, do you like it the way it is? Would you like anything added/removed? I'm thinking about removing the "Site navigation" area and putting any links in the top navigation bar. Also thinking about getting rid of the buddy list unless people actually use it. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks guys and gals!

In terms of usability I'd prefer the nacbar stays.

I'd like to see the buddy list tied into threads, a la "recent posts from your buddies"...

Weather is cool, I'd actually prefer the hour-by-hour goes in place of the 3 random images and move it to the weather with 1 random image.

But a better question might be "what's the goal of the homepage?" I've only outlined how I'd prefer it from a usability/web experience standpoint.

• Keep the buddy list.
  • Move FAQ to the Site Navigation list
  • Make Site Navigation a drop down where the FAQ was.
  • Add like 10 more to the Recent Threads list.
  • Regarding the 3 pictures. If upon page load all 3 pix were uploaded by the same member there should be lights & whistles or something like that. :D

I'm sorry but I deal with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" all day everyday.

You have to adhere to the "nothing's perfect, let's improve" model or you end up 10 years, months, days, down the road going "man we really need to update this".

Just to bring a little "corporate" to this...

I bet if we did a click analysis you'd find 90 percent of users click the same 90 percent of the front page... you'd probably see the same thing in terms of eye tracking

Just saying :) the key is to maintain the functionality people want with the features and incorporation they don't yet know they want