Breaking news: fatality on Broad St, motorcycle involved

Casper

One person dead, but they didn't say if it was the motorcyclist. It was just on 10tv. There were three cars and a bike involved. God speed.

Wow, three cars and a bike involved... :nono: RIP

Edited by Pedro

One person dead, but they didn't say if it was the motorcyclist. It was just on 10tv. There were three cars and a bike involved. God speed.

I'd say the odds are pretty high it was the biker. But maybe not.

RIP whomever it was!

A white Volkswagen hit a bike, and then fled the scene. Rider died. Two other cars collided when trying to avoid the accident. No other information.

I went past there this morning...:(

Edited by ReconRat
not sure which way the car hit the bike

A white Volkswagen hit a bike from the rear, and then fled the scene. Rider died. Two other cars collided when trying to avoid the accident. No other information.

I went past there this morning...:(

Oh that sucks.

Police were looking for a white Volkswagen that struck a motorcycle at the intersection of Gould Road and East Broad Street around 10 p.m. The driver of the motorcycle was thrown from his bike, and two other vehicles collided trying to avoid the driver, 10TV News reported.

The motorcyclist, whose identity was not immediatly availble, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Let's see if the driver of the VW gets Vehicular homicide or manslaughter....

IF they even find him, right??

How in the HELL can one flee the scene after stricking another human being on a motorcycle? Wonder if they were drunk? :dunno:

Thoughts and prayers for the family of the deceased....this is terrible for them, so pointless

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/crime/article/police_looking_for_driver_who_struck_killed_motorcyclist/20450/

It was a white Cavalier.

Want to get really pissed off, read the comment about hit skip laws in Ohio:

Posted by ( scooldude ) on August 06, 2009 at 9:43 am

if the car is found and the driver denies knowing who was driving no charges will be brought. thanks to ohios hit skip laws someone has to be able to id the driver or they tell on themselves. i was a victim of the same thing and on a motorcycle. i saw the passenger and the plate fell off the car but the owner denied knowing who drove and no one saw the driver and this news station did a story on it and that is what ron obrien said. this needs to change, since the owners are held respocible for read light camera tickets. its about the city getting money. it happened last summer and the story was done around the time the drunk ran the two people over in the short north at restraunt if anyone wants to see it. it was a nbc 4 investigates story i think in june.

RIP

And wow that hit skip law is retarded? If I'm clocked and the cop gets my plate but doesnt catch me I'm pretty sure there would be cops at my house when I arrived. even if I beat them home I'd prolly leave in handcuffs regardless of how much i lied, BUT I could mow down a bunch of people in the Exploder keep going and say "dunno who was driving it" and I'd be off the hook? Stupid stupid stupid Thought that crap only worked if it was reported stolen