Ride for Freedom Sept 5 Cincinnati

el_jujo

@ the graph, yea that my point !!!! under Bush we got massive spending and the patriot act!!! corruption at its finest!, the debt graph is much higher now (2008- http://www.trinity.edu/rjensen/DebtGraph01.jpg), 2009 will be even higher.....The patriot Act was step 1 to the "the road to serfdom" and its still going on..... The Rebulicans are as much to blame, their no difference between the parties,

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a federally structured "civilian" force is a draft in nicer words. Community service should take place on the local level, local groups with NO Political ties, thats how it has always been most effective. IF you have a national "community" service force, the political machine corrupts it and uses it for their own agenda (political, military). Why shoul teenagers and college students be marching in formation, wearing colors, for "community service" groups........

sect 120 part b, number 3, subsection(B) service-learning is a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.

Completely out of context. The section isn't referring to a draft. Just that if money is donated to a public institution by a corporation to form a community partnership... then students may be required to participate. Quit taking excerpts and fearmongering. The stuff in BOLD is the only stuff you quoted... completely out of context.

‘SEC. 120. INNOVATIVE DEMONSTRATION SERVICE-LEARNING PROGRAMS AND RESEARCH.

‘(a) In General- From the amounts appropriated to carry out this part for a fiscal year, the Corporation may make grants and fixed-amount grants (in accordance with section 129(l)) with eligible entities for activities described in subsection ©.

‘(b) Definitions- For purposes of this part, the following definitions apply:

‘(1) ELIGIBLE ENTITIES- The term ‘eligible entity’ means a State education agency, a State Commission, a Territory, an Indian tribe, an institution of higher education, or a public or private nonprofit organization (including community-based organizations), a public or private elementary or secondary school, a local educational agency, or a consortia of such entities, where a consortia of two or more such entities may also include a for-profit organization.

‘(2) YOUTH ENGAGEMENT ZONE- The term ‘youth engagement zone’ means the area in which a youth engagement zone program is carried out.

‘(3) YOUTH ENGAGEMENT ZONE PROGRAM- The term ‘youth engagement zone program’ means a service learning program in which members of an eligible partnership described in paragraph (4) collaborate to provide coordinated school-based or community-based service learning opportunities, to address a specific community challenge, for an increasing percentage of out-of-school youth and secondary school students served by local educational agencies where--

‘(A) not less than 90 percent of the students participate in service-learning activities as part of the program; or

‘(B) service-learning is a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.

‘(4) ELIGIBLE PARTNERSHIP-

‘(A) IN GENERAL- The term ‘eligible partnership’ means--

‘(i) one or more community-based agencies that have demonstrated records of success in carrying out service-learning programs with disadvantaged students, and that meet such criteria as the Chief Executive Officer may establish; in combination with;

‘(ii) (I) one or more local educational agencies for which--

‘(aa) a high number or percentage of the students served by the agency, as determined by the Corporation, are disadvantaged students; and

‘(bb) the graduation rate for the secondary school students served by the agency is less than 70 percent; or

‘(II) a State Commission; or

‘(III) a State educational agency.

‘(B) ADDITIONAL ENTITIES- An eligible partnership may also include--

‘(i) a local government agency that is not described in subparagraph (A);

‘(ii) the office of the chief executive officer of a unit of general local government; or

‘(iii) an institution of higher education.

now look a little further sect 1508:

SEC. 1508. AUTHORIZED BENEFITS FOR CORPS MEMBERS.

Section 158 (42 U.S.C. 12618) is amended–

(1) in subsection (a) by inserting ‘National’ before ‘Civilian Community Corps’; and

(2) in subsection ©–

(A) in the matter preceding paragraph (1)–

(i) by inserting ‘National’ before ‘Civilian Community Corps’; and

(ii) by inserting before the colon the following: ‘, as the Director determines appropriate’;

(B) in paragraph (6), by striking ‘Clothing’ and inserting ‘Uniforms’; and

© in paragraph (7), by striking ‘Recreational services and supplies’ and inserting ‘Supplies’.

OMG, srsly, you're killing me here with MORE out-of-context stuff. If they replace 'clothing' with 'uniforms' it makes to more clear that the benefits people are entitled to isn't Wrangler blue jeans or a Ralph Lauren polo... it's a uniform.

© Other authorized benefits While receiving training or engaging in service projects as members of the Civilian Community Corps, members may be provided the following benefits:

(1) Allowances for travel expenses, personal expenses, and other expenses.

(2) Quarters.

(3) Subsistence.

(4) Transportation.

(5) Equipment.

(6) Clothing. *UNIFORMS*

(7) Recreational services and supplies.

(8) Other services determined by the Director to be consistent with the purposes of the Program.

You are reaching SO HARD for stuff, that you'd sound smarter if you just let the drool run down your mouth and onto the keyboard instead of actually touching the keyboard.

but, ok, if you guys wanna come down i'll buy ya a few beers, hang with some of or vets....we can yell at each other and maybe we'll find some common ground.....again civil debate is a good thing and i respect yer points........safe ridin'

ha ha, ok......Ya gotta look 2 steps ahead to see whats comin' read between the lines and study history..........You young guys are the ones most affected, and we wish nothing but the best for you. Come down whenever ya can, get some free food and drinks. Never hurts to try something new.........were in cincinnati......

errrrrr why would I debate with someone who doesn't make any valid points and won't back up his non-sensical claims? You're not debating you're making up shit, regurgitating talking points or both.

Last time I got my paper work from the VA I was still a vet, my wife is a vet, my Dad is a vet and large number of our friends are active duty and vets. I don't need to drive to Cinci to hang out with more like they are some sort of oddity or side show.

Edited by fusion

I looked at the website for this ride.... I didn't see where the patriot guard was on board for this, nor did I see any other groups that I recognized getting behind this. like the vfw or american legion, or any veteran group... I have to wonder is it really for the Vets??? or just another wacko group trying to push their agendas.....

Edited by cmoosego

ha ha, ok......Ya gotta look 2 steps ahead to see whats comin' read between the lines and study history..........You young guys are the ones most affected, and we wish nothing but the best for you. Come down whenever ya can, get some free food and drinks.

Making shit up != projecting a future occurrence.

Never hurts to try something new.........were in cincinnati......

Not even close to anything new. As someone who seems to insinuate they study history you should know this.

ha ha, ok......Ya gotta look 2 steps ahead to see whats comin' read between the lines and study history..........You young guys are the ones most affected, and we wish nothing but the best for you. Come down whenever ya can, get some free food and drinks. Never hurts to try something new.........were in cincinnati......

Study history? What's slipped into law over the past 200 years that we should've seen coming that we didn't stop?

How about we all just wait until we come to the bridge before we figure out if we want to cross it... not "read between the lines".

according to the site the ride is more about agendas then veterans..

.We Ride:

Against Leaving our Children a Massive Debt Never Before Seen in the History of Our Country

Against More Government Control in Our Lives.

Against Corruption from Our ELECTED Officials. For Fiscal Responsibility NOW !!!

For a Strong and Well Prepared Military that Serves the Interests of OUR Nation

For Freedom, Individual Liberties and Rights Outlined by THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES

For Our Children and Nation

If These Principles are Important to You, PLEASE Ride With Us and let Our Politicians Know that WE WILL BE SILENT NO LONGER!!

Ride Details- Sept 5 2009

Time: Ride leaves meetup at 1:30 pm Saturday Sept. 5, 2009 lot next to Harley Davidson-Cincinnati/Norwood. Click here for map

Location: Parking Area Next to Harley Davison- Cincinnati (1799 Tennessee Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229). Norwood and Cincinnati City border limits.

Route: West on Tennessee to Paddock. North on Paddock to 562 Lateral entrance. 562 west to I-75. I-75 North to Tylersville road. East on Tylersville rd to Cox rd. Left on Cox to Voice of America Park Drive.

Rally Sponsors buckeye+firearms.gif

dont+tread+on+me+flagg.gif CampaignforLiberty.jpg ohio+liberty+council.jpg TeaPartyPatriots.jpg

YOUR A VET? and dont support what where about? ummm, ok i guess im taken back......wow, ok.....well i respect what you and your family have done for our country,,,and wish you the best.......well gotta run, headed to a rally to support OUR Freedoms under the constitution with a bunch of wacko patriots.........

I'm not surprised you're "taken back". You have no clue as to what you are talking about. You're not going to rally to support our freedoms under the Constitution, your going to a rally to serve as a lemming for groups that have their own self interest.

I am a Vet.... I served from 92-96 in south korea in an active duty combat infantry division, and recently lost some of my best friends defending the freedoms you are speaking of in Afganistan.... so don't presume to preach to me about what's at stake here... I know the price only too well... If you are gonna do a ride to SUPPORT our VETS then do that!!! DON'T add on all this other crap about riding against big gov't and all the spending etc... etc...

Don't knock the 'tea parties' until you actually attend one. The news likes to put the handful of retards in front of the camera for ratings. They're actually quite civil and exciting. I like seeing gatherings of Americans hashing out their political and personal differences in a peaceful manner. It's good for everyone. Don't be a hater. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately' date=' this ass clown would be center stage for the world to see. We don't get to view the reasonable people as they are bad for television.[/quote']

a-freakin-men brotha....

If you were riding to do something that actually benefits veterans, I'd be there immediately. Even though I'm not a veteran, I strongly support pushing our government to hold up our end of the deal when people have served in dangerous situations on our behalf. I'll happily put my tax dollars toward that.

Giving them the medical/ mental health treatment they need? Absolutely.

Covering their college 100%? Definitely.

Sending them into harm's way only when necessary? Right on.

Making sure that, when we send them, they have absolutely everything we can provide to help them get back safe? No doubt.

Using them like cheap stage props to lend legitimacy to a wholly unrelated political agenda? Die in a fire. It's an insult to their sacrifice to misuse their names in this way. Seriously, it's beneath contempt, and you should be ashamed.

You have a right to your free speech, but it's still cowardly to wrap up your agenda under the veterans' banner without actually doing anything for veterans.

thats just sad. these guys are dying in iraq and you want to play your left vs right BS.....we have guys who understand the real issue, so i guess all i can say is i cant argue with you because you think everyone has some kind of self serving agenda, some of US dont buy the govt propaganda (from the left or the right), and we want to live in peace and without govt controls, So....The TRUE INSULT is to let all the sacrifices that our guys made, become used as a tool for the Ultra Elite to gain more power and wealth, But, if you dont see that BOTH parties (Rep and Dem) are extensions of the Corperate Controlled government, than there is little to be dont.....hope someday you realize that its the illusion of Left vs Right , is just that...an illusion.........its about the Super rich against the middle and lower classes..........

Every time the elite have a beef with each other.....who do they send in in fight and die.......US,,,,,so I cant for life of me figure out what you so against!!! were not part of any party, but we do support the tea party's message......and our veterans symbolize EVERYTHING that is good and right about our country