Lost my plate...what do i do?

ross

So i know i have to go to the DMV and file for a lost plate and they will send me a new one, but the website says please allow 10 business days to receive the plate. What do i do until then? Is it true that you are suppose to write your plate number and "lost tag" on a piece of paper/cardboard and put it in place of your license plate? I've heard people say that before but was never sure if it was true.

My plate bracket broke yesterday and i lost my plate somewhere between my apartment and my parents house and i need to be able to ride.

Yeah. Just go to the DMV, and file for a lost plate. I believe that it only cost like $10 bucks, or something like that. Not the entire price. At least that is the way it is for cars. I run a body-shop, and have that situation come up occasionally, where people lose them at the accident scene.

you will have to wait until they send you a new one or give you one.. or "ticket" trust me on this one.

even if i have something from the dmv saying that the plate was lost and i have my registration? plus if i would get pulled over you can easily see that the plate bracket is broken.

even if i have something from the dmv saying that the plate was lost and i have my registration? plus if i would get pulled over you can easily see that the plate bracket is broken.

well that really doesnt matter, because if you do get pulled over the officer/deputy/osp has to have something to go on. that way they can run the plate before they even exit the vehicle. when they run the plate threw L.E.A.D.S. it brings up your whole driving record and if you have CCW to approach with caution. Also if they walk up and you decide to take off then they wouldnt know who it was. Thats the reason.