Ninja Down!!!!!

fusion

That's right the impossible happened! The ever nimble NinjaNick took a small spill on a short ride with Wrillo and I today. It was a low speed spill turning right onto another road and catching some about invisible gravel. The damage to both Nick and more importantly the bike seem minimal. :) The way he fell he hit face first, it's a good thing he believes in gear.

Here's to finally getting the first one out of the way bro. :cheers:

NN-0798001.jpg

NN-0799002.jpg

NN-0801004.jpg

NN-0802005.jpg

NN-0803006.jpg

NN-0805008.jpg

NN-0800003.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right the impossible happened! The ever nimble NinjaNick took a small spill on a short ride with Wrillo and I today. It was a low speed spill turning right onto another road and catching some about invisible gravel. The damage to both Nick and more importantly the bike seem minimal. :) The way he fell he hit face first, it's a good thing he believes in gear.

Here's to finally getting the first one out of the way bro. :cheers:

Fusion, I love the Intro. I flipped out when Nick texted me this. Had to read the txt twice to make sure I was reading right. Still cant believe it happened. Gravel sux. I am amazed that the bike was not damaged more than it is. Those scratches look pretty minimal.

"Its going to take more than that to take NinjaNick down" haha

Nick, that was your first crash, as long as you have been riding?

holy smokes......glad you are ok man....and still the bike is not that bad at all....stuff happens....reminds me of a spill of mine at the metroparks at 15 mph :slap:

and wow....the helmet saved your face man........

take care man looks like that knee gonna hurt after a day....best wishes....

Poor cool ZX14 :(

damn it!!! he texted me awhile ago :(

im glad it wasnt anything huge buddy. but it still sucks.........

glad you are ok and had your gear on!

I love my gear!:woo:

I'm glad you're okay Nick. I've been trying to tell you that bike isn't supposed to turn.

"The ever nimble NinjaNick", :lol:

Hell yeah, I make that bike nimble son! ;) Gotta make the couch WORK!:lol:

Awww Nick!! Glad you're ok, friend

Thanks girl. :)

dont like like its to bad... glad ur ok, clown lol

Probably about $2500-$3000 worth of damage after I examined it all, hopefully a new pipe will come of this. :cool:

Glad you're OK man. I highly suggest picking up some under-jeans knee pads and proper riding boots, would have saved you all that rash.

I have 2 full suits Cheech and 3 jackets, and a pair of SIDI B2 boots. I never ride w/out my boots son.:p Only thing I was not wearing today was my leather pants.

damn man sorry to hear you went down :( But at least its only minor damage to both of you studs! :D

Thanks and fixed.:D

and wow....the helmet saved your face man........

:(

Dude my face hit HARD! I probably would've split my head open if it wasn't for my awesome Shoei RF1000.

no hella cool cutoffs for you nick!!!!!! lol....glad you faired better than me

Thank god!

Glad your ok that helmet saved you some pain!

Major pain.

Those scratches spell out "war wound" in japanese! Leave 'em they add character.

Glad to hear your ok.

Haha....I love a shiny/clean bike.

DAMN Makes me wanna cry... Glad you are ok, but dude the bike get it to the ER Stat

Sure will! ASAP! :)

Edited by NinjaNick

In about 5 minutes I was laughing because I couldn't believe how hard I planted face first on the road. I was looking into the turn and my next thought was, why are my eyes less than an inch from the road and I hear scraping. My head bounced hard face first and that was the creepy part.

Other than that the wind got knocked out of me and my ribs are sore. I'm perfectly fine and going to drink a few beers to celebrate my 1st time EVER going down on a motorcycle! This is my 6th season and it finally happened. DAMN GRAVEL!:nono:

:wheeliezx10:

Probably about $2500-$3000 worth of damage after I examined it all, hopefully a new pipe will come of this. :cool:

1st, glad you're ok! 2nd, how do you figure $3K in repairs, asside from the pipe and mirror it looked like just plastics, is there other damage that doesn't show in the pics?

1st' date=' glad you're ok! 2nd, how do you figure $3K in repairs, asside from the pipe and mirror it looked like just plastics, is there other damage that doesn't show in the pics?[/quote']

I'm sure you know nick... but claim it. 3k for brand new parts > spending your deductible to keep your insurance down. (Just my opinion, I'm not an agent and nothing I say is endorsed by the company I work for <-- that sounds funny)

Pipe, mirror, side fairing, front fairing, front hugger, brake lever, bar end, and steering is messed up a bit. ZX14 not cheap for those things.

Glad you're ok.

On a low side like that - even slow speed - with a heavy ass bike like the 14 you may well have twisted up the front end.

Do yourself a favor and have it measured. You'll be happy you did.

If you want some more info shoot me a pm.

1st' date=' glad you're ok! 2nd, how do you figure $3K in repairs, asside from the pipe and mirror it looked like just plastics, is there other damage that doesn't show in the pics?[/quote']

youve never tried to repair a layed down bike have you ? gets costly fast and the plastics arent cheap unless you get the ebay knock offs that dont fit right

I flipped out when Nick texted me this. Had to read the txt twice to make sure I was reading right. Still cant believe it happened. Gravel sux.

its even more weird and crazy when you see the damn thing happen but you're not sure if it really happened. I was thinking, well wtf is Nick doing... oh shit, wait.

I'm glad it turned out as well as it did! Other things coulda happened that would have made this a lot worse