Leather on a 90 degree day ?

monroedjt

• 2 weeks later...

I thought leathers were supposed to be hot and sweaty.... I dunno...

You know, if you ride long enough, you learn to sweat (perspire for the ladies) out of other parts of the body, like your feet. (True Story) Then again, you might not want to be around when I take shoes off after riding...

Do we need NASCAR cool suits? Wearable air conditioning under the gear? Should I figure out how to transfer body BTU's to a mini radiator on the back of the jacket? It shouldn't be much different that a heated jacket, other than it won't take much watts to run it. Or we could do it the solid state thermoelectric method of cooling ( Peltier effect), real NASA stuff...

Or get a cooling vest

Or... the old fashioned method, tie a wet bandana around your neck. Nice and chilly...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alpinestars makes a cool set-up with it's mesh jackets. It's reinforced at the typical abrasion points, but comes with a removable waterproof liner. I use it four seasons, as it's windproof then too. Below freezing, rain, and on a day like today... Not too bad.