beginners ride to coshocton roads saturday

MidgetTodd

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MR A lost his chickin strips today ....... brought a tear to my eye when he said he wanted to stay for the fast ride

It was fun and I did enjoy the fast loop too. cbrBrent helped me out so I did not get lost but I tried keeping up with them.

Checking in, I've been home for a little while now. I peeled off from TaRR on 16 when he went home, and I just HAD to stop at 79N again to see that corner in more detail. I have no idea how you assholes aren't in jail right now. :D Picked up a few more souvenirs, another piece of my front fender and a chunk of my belly pan. Turned around and went home, started cramping up REAL bad as soon as I got back on 39 out of Newark. Made it back to Cbus, ate some Chipotle, and all is right with the world.

Big ups to everyone for being there, especially for all the peeps that stayed behind me. It was a huge mental cushion knowing you were there. Thanks for 1000rrrider for busting my chops enough to get me to commit, it was totally worth it. Good to meet the Coshocton krew as well.

BlueKat and SnoMan, if you need some help with those plastics let me know. I can get that body filler from my buddy's shop no problem, we'll have those things sanded out, refilled, and ready for primer in no time at all. I'm happy that everyone made it back with what they came with, even if someone was short a mirror or turnsignal lens. :)

Just a warning to some of the riders on this board. Before you go busting Mr.A's nutz about his 250 chances are that he might smoke your ass in the turns.

Thanks man first time I have ever taken any real curves in my life.

It was fun and I did enjoy the fast loop too. cbrBrent helped me out so I did not get lost but I tried keeping up with them.
Just a warning to some of the riders on this board. Before you go busting Mr.A's nutz about his 250 chances are that he might smoke your ass in the turns.

Color me impressed. Erick, I can no longer give you any shit at all about your riding skills. Good ride today.

Color me impressed. Erick, I can no longer give you any shit at all about your riding skills. Good ride today.

Thanks. Poor old 250 was hitting the red line around every turn to keep up on that fast loop. I still think I'm going to wait til next year to get a 600.

Thanks. Poor old 250 was hitting the red line around every turn to keep up on that fast loop. I still think I'm going to wait til next year to get a 600.

I'm just glad it didn't blow up, what w/ it wanting to over heat and everything.

Oh and thanks to everyone that pushed me when my bike wouldn't start; I really need to get a higher power battery. As soon as I stopped running with the headlights on I was fine, but running the fan and the lights at stops and low speeds is apparently just to much for that sissy little battery. Shitty, I need one like yours.

Shit I was hitting red line On the 1K, just to keep up in the straight parts.

Mr. A, you need to get some boots dude. Nuff said. :)

Hell yeah. A low-end pair of Sidi's with some toe sliders and you'll be rockin.

And just as a testiment to how easy paced 1000rr was leading, after Snoman crashed I made sure the guys behind me were stopping then zipped ahead to catch the group in front, and it didn't take me too long; and I'm not exactly an expert ridder. So the pace is not what caused the crashed, just realy sharp corners.

Yeah, it had nothing to do with those leading, I think they did a great job. I don't blame them one bit. It was my stupidity for not leanin' enough or whatever I didn't do. And for the ninja flip, I would have loved to have seen that.... I got hit by a truck while I was on a bicycle back in the day and I flew off and landed on my feet... True story!

Yeah, it had nothing to do with those leading, I think they did a great job. I don't blame them one bit. It was my stupidity for not leanin' enough or whatever I didn't do. And for the ninja flip, I would have loved to have seen that.... I got hit by a truck while I was on a bicycle back in the day and I flew off and landed on my feet... True story!

This sounds oddly familiar...

Glad to hear you're OK man.

Checking in, I've been home for a little while now. I peeled off from TaRR on 16 when he went home, and I just HAD to stop at 79N again to see that corner in more detail. I have no idea how you assholes aren't in jail right now. :D Picked up a few more souvenirs, another piece of my front fender and a chunk of my belly pan.

Still no pics???

Somebody help me out.

What is the brand of boots that SIDI made a few years back. They are basically SIDI B2s.

You can find them still for about $100. Pony used to carry them.

Anyone???

Somebody help me out.

What is the brand of boots that SIDI made a few years back. They are basically SIDI B2s.

You can find them still for about $100. Pony used to carry them.

Anyone???

Perhaps Setup? I have a pair of Setup boots, not sure what the model number is, but it's pretty obvious they are made by Sidi. I think I paid 150 / 175 for them about 3 years ago.

Yep. Setups.

Mr. A. See if you can find some setups in your size. I know they will be fairly cheap and just as good as a decent SIDI.

I have seen a few all black pairs. But mostly they come in power ranger colors.

Edited by jagr